Help, need info. water in underbelly

GETnBYE

Hooked up for over-nite, on our way to the rally. Water came pouring out of the inlet nipple. It is PVC.
Has anyone replaced this nipple with a copper fitting?
And where did you find the fitting, don't know the size until I can take this one off.
Hoping to swap out one of our service fixes for a fix for this, not sure how to do it and don't want to spend the whole rally in my campers belly.
Grateful for any info.

Wayne

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Wayne, are you referring to your water hose connector?? If so, any hardware store should have a brass one. It all should be behind the UDC. If I remember, it has a backflow valve in it. Maybe the valve took a dive.

funntheson

We had several instances of a lot of water leaking into our storage area. Nobody could seem to fix it. The best I got was that whenever I didn't have a good connection at my city water hookup on the trailer, the water would leak behind the panel and onto the storage floor.They even said it was normal (haha).

I bought a 90 degree brass fitting and screwed it onto the existing connection. This took a lot of pressure off the area where it would leak. So far, we have had 2-3 trips and no more leaks.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Wayne, are you using a pressure regulator set higher than 55#?? I had the same thing happen when I hooked up the black tank spritzer without the regulator.....water everywhere. Larry, I did the same thing with the brass 90* but I needed it because I installed 2 water filters in the UCD. Needed the angle of the dangle for the hoses.

aatauses

This may be as simple as looking behind your inlet and tightning the nut on the end??
Check your "check valve" in the inlet side---I ran into quite a few issues with them and had to change them 3-4 times before I got one that was not damaged. Once I found a good one, I have had minimal problems. You might also consider some type of clamp on the hose to take off pressure from bending the hose to fit the inlet.
al

Our 2011 Elkridge had 3 leaks - 2 water heater and the outside shower not connected properly. All behind the panel. Did not realize until the skin on the belly of the trailer blew out at one of the seams. Basement boards are warped and some of the walls.

The dealer is working with us to get things fixed up. The leaks are all corrected and now the warped boards need to be replaced. I wish Heartland put moisture sensors behind the panels. These leaks are nothing to fool with.

olcoon

I was having problems with our outside shower leaking. It happened numerous times, once the shower head was locked in the on position, and some how (we've never used the outside shower) the valves were on. The last time, we had a lot of water in the basement, had to use a wet vac to get it out & leave the basement doors open with an elec heater in there to dry it out. I finally got tired of it, and put shut off valves on the back of the UDC so water couldn't get to the outside shower. Problem solved, if we decide we want to use the outside shower, all I have to do is to open the valves. Another problem we had was water getting behind the UDC, from overfilling the fresh water tank. I removed all the caulk inside the UDC, and recaulked, also I drilled drain holes in the UDC...again, problem solved.