TOuch Audio VD-400i AUX INPUT MALFUNCTION

tazjack

Trying to figure my brother in law's 2011 greystone 33 QS audio system...

we would like to have he tv sound on the greystone speakers

they had wired the AUX INPUT of the touch audio to the AUX INPUT OF THE SHARP TV
instead of the aux output of the tv.!!!

but even if i connect another dvd player or satellite receiver AUDIO OUTPUT to the AUX INPUT OF THE TOUCH AUDIO AND select AUX on the touch audio still
NO SOUND... does ANYONE been sucessfull using the aux input of the touch audio
or is still another flaw for this doubtfull choice of audio component in such a nice trailer.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
You might try the menue guide for the T.V. and see if there is an audio setting that you might have to turn on or off. I know in mine (21fbs trailer) I have to turn the T.V. speakers off in order to get sound through the trailer speakers. Would be nice to have both, but the quality of sound is better through the audio system than it is through the T.V. speakers. (Note: our T.V. is a Jensen). Good luck and let us know what your outcome is.

pegmikef

Yeah, what I did was use the headset output of the TV to the AUX input of the touch audio (you can get the mini to rca adapter at Walmart or Radio Shack for a couple of bucks). Then use the mode button on the touch audio to select AUX. My touch audio has the dvd player builtin and it plays all formats so I have never tried hooking anything else up to it. If you are using the audio out plugs on the tv then most of them require you to go to the menu and specify external speakers and they usually have something like internal, external or both. I used the headset output because my tv has no audio out plugs.

TxCowboy

On the Greystone 32RL with the Touch Audio DVD system, you can play sound through both the TV speakers and the DVD player at the same time.

You'll have to confirm that the video (yellow) cable is properly connected from the DVD to the TV video IN connection. On my Sharp TV, this connection is marked as Video 1 input and is on the left side of the TV (not on the back!). Next, you'll want to ensure that the color coded audio cables (red and white on my system) are properly connected to the audio OUT connections (on the back of the Sharp TV) to the audio IN connections on the DVD player.

Once these connections are made, I was able to play TV through both the TV speakers and the roof mounted speakers at the same time. You'll need both the TV and DVD remotes to control the sound however.

Just for the sake of conversation, I have not be able to do the reverse -- play the DVD through the roof mounted speakers AND the TV speakers. The Touch Audio is short one set of the audio OUT connections to make that work. DVD plays ONLY through the roof mounted speakers.