Why are the awnings so small?

fishn2dmax

We're seriously considering ordering a new Sundance. What has me wondering is why all the Sundance models come with a small 14'-16' awning? Even the two slide models ( no slide on the curb side) have very short awning mounted toward the front of the coach? If we order a Sundance, can we order a slightly larger awning ( space permitting)?

duke

awning

We were told that we could not order an awning for the Sundance from the factory anymore . Is this true? The dealer also told us that we could not order a Fantastic fan from the factory for the Sundance either.

We also were told we couldn't order Fantastic fans from the factory. Our dealer installed two fans in our 08 Sundance 2900MK, 1 in the bedroom and 1 over the kitchen sink. They work great, but they had to catch the wiring from the lights in the bedroom. I think the kitchen was pre wired for the ceiling fan option. I don't know about ordering an awning, ours came with one from the factory.

Scott

It is standard. I assumed they were talking about ordering them because they wanted larger ones.
ST

duke

sundance awning

WOW! this is what is so scarry for me. The dealer I have been talking to tells me one thing and Here, I hear different things. Like awnings can/can't be ordered . Slides fit snug and he tells me they all are a little different and what I saw was ok, it was very loose at the top. This is why we haven't made a move yet. Hard to get a confidence level in my purchase, especially when the dealer is 85miles from my home. I can't run back and forth with warranty issues. I am hoping to get a unit that doesn't need a lot of warranty work. Back to the awnings , he even said they would be very expensive to have installed at the dealership.. Oh well! still hoping..

Our Sundance 2900MK slides (3) fit just fine and are tight. Had torrential rain for 2 days down in KY and when the slides were retracted in, not any water on top. Very happy with fit.

5erWonk

Duke,

I have made two RV purchases in the past 6mos...The reason is our first purchase was totaled in an accident, nobody hurt. During this time I have had a lot of experience with RV dealers, and one of the most amazing things I have noticed there are many sales people in this business have no clue about what they are selling. You would think if you spent your days around this equipment some knowledge would soak in but it doesn't because their interest is in closing the deal.

I have read your posts and I appreciate your concerns, but the issue with the slides not fitting properly is not normal and can be adjusted, contrary to what the dealer had to say.

Regarding the awning, I would examine the list of standards and options published by Heartland and use this as your guide. If you have questions about options the dealer cannot answer go to the website and you will get answers. In the end Scott will give the most accurate information.

I asked a lot of questions of the members of this forum before I ordered my Bighorn and I can't tell you how reliable the information has been.

I would also suggest that if the dealer looks to be unreliable with information and service before the sale you should probably be concerned about the service after the sale.

I drove 2300mi to purchase my Bighorn to get the best deal from a dealer I felt had the best knowledge of the product (RVs For Less). I had a choice of two dealers within 75 miles of my home and Knew the poor reputation of one and the other could not come close to the price. My previous 5th wheel, a Montana was purchased from a dealer 30 miles from home and had no idea about service after the sale.

The key is find a unit you like then find a dealer that will treat you with honesty and respect. There are going to be some issues with most rigs you purchase so it is important to do a thorough PDI when you take delivery and have it taken care of before you sign the final papers.

If you are not a person that enjoys working on the unit and requires a service department then you should put the service department as your highest priority in the purchase.

Finally I must say I am extremely satisfied with my purchase of a Hearlland product. I am especially impressed by the involvement of Heartland management to the needs of the customer, which is very difficult to do when you are working your business through dealers and distributers.

Good luck on your decision.