satellite mounting

2439dt

Hello
We just recently purchased a new Big Country 3494qbs and love the unit! My question is I want to mount the dish to the roof mount of the unit but our dealer is suggesting we don't. We are in a seasonal camp site and it will be up for around 5 months.......my dealer is suggesting this might cause issues with leaks with it up in the wind for so long. Is there any truth to this .....?

jimtoo

Hi 2439dt,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

We have had a dish mounted for 3 years,,, not up all the time, but has never had a problem. There are a lot of folks that do full time and have some large dishes mounted and they are up every day. I think with proper installation and sealer you should have no problem.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

brianharrison

We have a Winegard Trav'ler (Link Here) and it was up for most of last year and no issues. As mentioned follow the installation directions and lots of Dicor lap sealant or equivalent (Link here).

Take care,
Brian

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Have a friend who made a square base of about 1 1/2" pvc pipe and mounted his dish on it. He could put it on the ground, or put it on the roof of the rv if needed. Not sure how he secured it to the roof, but think you could use a couple of small sand bags or similar weights to keep it from moving in a storm.
You could also mount it permanently on your roof and make it so you could easily remove the dish for traveling.