Leak from bottom of refrigrator

Any ideas what might be causing a small water drip from the front left corner (facing the refrigerator) of the refrigerator. It's just a slow steadyndrip when the water is turned on to the rig. We are on the road headed to the Goshen rally. Hope I explained it okay as this is Ruth writing....Thanks

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You might take a look at the water line hooked up to the ice maker to see if there is a pin hole in it or if the fitting at the rear it tight.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree with Jim . A pin hole in the ice maker line was my issue. The hole was made when closing or opening the slide. Try shutting off the valve to the ice maker.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Also check the water line connections outside in the reefer access area. I had the ice maker line vibrate loose at the solenoid once. The leaking water then ran inside and looked like it was coming from the reefer.

jpdoggett

I agree with Jim . A pin hole in the ice maker line was my issue. The hole was made when closing or opening the slide. Try shutting off the valve to the ice maker.
That was what mine was in our 2011 Augusta it leaked from the day we got ot to our site dealer did not act like they could fix it. I got under the rv and cut the line and plugged it cause I did not want water on the wood floors, tried to find a shut off but the dealer was no help and the factory said they would not send me a diagram

Birchwood

Check the water line for the icemaker and water dipenser as it may be pinched.Is your fridge drain line vented outside?

Don't know if the drain line is vented outside.........however we just took the outside frig panel off
And the bottom is all wet.......but not obvious is the source of the water.

boatto5er

Don't know if the drain line is vented outside.........however we just took the outside frig panel off

Physically follow the water lines as far as you can with a paper towel, frequently checking for water. Also, check the tightness on the line to and from the ice maker solenoid. The line at the connection out of the solenoid was where my leak was.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
squaredancers, if you can't find the source, at least turn off the water to the icemaker. The valve in behind the UDC. We can do a better search when you get here. The water might even be coming back down the shielded line that goes up the back of the fridge. That hose after time gets brittle and can crack. If it's a pinhole leak, they are hard to see. As someone mentioned, feel around the lines with a paper towel. One way or another, when you get here you'll have way more help than you'll need.;)

boatto5er

squaredancers, if you can't find the source, at least turn off the water to the icemaker. The valve in behind the UDC. We can do a better search when you get here. The water might even be coming back down the shielded line that goes up the back of the fridge. That hose after time gets brittle and can crack. If it's a pinhole leak, they are hard to see. As someone mentioned, feel around the lines with a paper towel. One way or another, when you get here you'll have way more help than you'll need.;)

One or two helpers and lots of lookers!!!!:D

Birchwood

You should see the vent/drain line if you go outside and remove the lower outside panel behind your fridge.The drain tube should drip outside through one of the panel louvers and if not its draining
inside your coach.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
OK, The leak is fixed. As we all suspected, it was in the supply line. It was hidden pretty good but Marv & I got er dun. Now if it will start cooling as it should, Ruth will be a happy camper. Ruth, if it doesn't start cooling by tonight, I would suggest talking to the Heartland Crew tomorrow. There may be help available.