Remote control for fireplace

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: Remote cntrol for fireplace

Hadn't thought about it, but would love to hear if you find anything.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

It's a long way down there to change anything on it.

jpdoggett

Yes I to would like to see the one with the remote my Augusta don't have it but that would be nice

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders

Our fireplace also came with a remote! I will look for the model number etc. when I get home from work.

The fireplace is made by Dimplex. Model:26"w/Integral On/Off remote control.

Last edited:

Jimmy

Mine is a Dimplex, it is a simple on or off remote control. Dimplex number is 1-888-346-7539

Bob Vaughn

At my stick built house my dimplex has a remote control, but in our Big Country it is a manual control, I too wonder if it is a simple conversion.

DougS

Doug S

Many Hardware stores sell simple on/off remotes for less then $20. Simply plug into outlet then plug in fireplace, similar to a timer. Bought mine at the local ACE.

GOTTOYS

I'm just going to wire in a switch for the power outlet for the fireplace. I'll put it up high on the side so I won't need to bend over and fumble with that little switch. It's on my list of things to do this Winter down in Texas. I like having little projects while down there...Don

DougS

Doug S

The one I have is rated for 15A, 500 watt. My last RV (SOB) came with one installed on the fireplace.

GETnBYE

Had not thought of it, but I burn my fingers evertime to open and turn it off. Isn't it plugged in outside the compartment?? I will bring my plug in/remote thingie that I use for the Christmas tree and try it this weekend.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

I only asked this since I used to work for a gas company and installed a fair amount of them. There was a remote add on for them all. So It is hard to believe there would not be one for them. I did do some research and it looked like they did have one at some time but it was recalled. I will call them and see if they are going to have another. I will post what I find out. But just a warning, it sometimes takes me awhile. Mr. procrastinator you know.