ATF: North Country - Television Hook Up

Hi there,

I have the living area television connected to a satelite using the satelite connection on the outside of the trailer. i want to run a second receiver and television in the bedroom. I am not having any luck making this work.

The dealer says, I can only run one satelite system - to the living area tv. They say the bedroom connection is strictly for a cable company connection and if I want to run a satelite connection I need to have a seperate satelite cable run into the trailer to the bedroom connection.

Does anyone know if that's correct? Isn't a connection a connection?:confused:

Thanks for any info you might have.

SLM

jimtoo

Hi SLM,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm not sure how the North Country is wired for satellites, but my Big Horn had 2 wires coming from the pre-=wired area in the roof to two connections in the UDC. The two connections in the UDC went to the bedroom and living area. Hopefully someone with a North Country will jump in and let you know for sure.

Meanwhile, enjoy the forum.

Jim M

maxic6

Hi there,

If your tv connection in the bedroom is run with RG6 wire you can hook up a satellite connection no problem, if it is run with cable wire satellite will not work.
I just purchased a NC Lakeside RBI260 and was told both outside hookups were run with RG6. Our old trailer (Fleetwood Wilderness) just had cable wire for the
TV so we ran our own satellite wire (rg6) into the trailer. Hope this helps.

bryanb70

bryanb
what you need to do is place a sattelite grade splitter between the wall plate and receiver. run one cable to the box and one cable to the cable tv port. this combines the two systems now you have raw sat data to all wall plates. make sure the power antenna is off as this will create interference if you want all wall plates to run off the same sat box skip the splitter. from sat plate to box and from box to cable plate

bryan

RTRT94

I am in the process of buying a new 2011 261 rbs and am trying to find a tv that fits in the slot...what size can i get. it seems like a odd size. Please LMK asap the dealer is putting it in....