ATF: Landmark - Remote for fireplace

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a Dimplex BF8000ST fireplace and was wondering if it was suppose to come with a remote? Have been told other units have come with a remote.

mmomega

AnyTimer
My trailer did not come with one either. After searching a little I found that Dimplex had a rather large recall last year on the remote control boxes that controlled the fireplaces ( not the remote control itself but the plug-in box that interfaced in between the fireplace and remote) was overheating on some units. This may be why they aren't installing the remote controls anymore with the fireplace.

If you saw people with the remotes on '11-'12 models then I'm not sure but I'd like to have one as well if they've fixed this overheating issue.

Here's the press-release on the recall.
http://www.dimplex.com/page.php?id=16&n=7

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
JD I also had seen that. I have looked all over the net for a BF8000ST which is the model that I have, and can not find anything on it. It is not even listed on the Dimplex website. Not sure what is up with that. I did email Dimplex and ask about a remote. Will have to see what they say. I will let everyone know.