Want a 4012 or 3912 (maybe)

RobG

Howdy! I just discovered this forum thanks to the folks over at DTR (Diesel Truck Resource). I may be in the market for a 4012 or 3912 around mid-Summer, although I'll admit that after reading about all of the problems people are having, I may just buy another Lance camper instead.

Anyway... I've seen in the 4012 and like it, but just saw the new 3912 floorplan on the Heartland website (but no photos) and am very interested in seeing it. I like the separate kitchen and living room of the 4012, but the 3912 has more kitchen counterspace and twice as much graywater capacity (90 gal vs 45) over the 4012, making it my likely choice of the two.

If anybody has any interior photos of the 3912, please post 'em... I haven't even had time to call the local dealer to see if they have one in stock yet, or when one might be due.

Next question... deals and dealers. What are people paying for these things? I know MSRP on the 4012 I looked at is around $76k. I also know it's possible to get 25-30% off of MSRP, but it can be difficult. I haven't even attempted to talk price with the dealer here in Reno (NV) yet, but figured I'd ask if there were any other dealers in the Western USA with agressive pricing... if so, I will use that fact as leverage with the local dealer, before giving up and buying from the other place.

All that failing, like I said earlier, I'll just get another Lance camper and a bigger trailer to haul the toys in. :)

Any input would be appreciated!

Rob

C

Chulinw

RobG,
Check also with Lakeshores RV in Mich. I understand that they also give you a good price. Customers seems to happy dealing with them.

mufflerman

RobG
Good luck on your next r.v. purchase, If you decide to go heartland I would not order one, find one on a lot that you can walk threw and inspect.
Heartland does have some great idea's and from what I can see alot of improvments, I've had nothing but trouble with mine, There is no perfect trailer out there but I do beleive there is better.