Forum Software Upgrade -- New Editor, NOW with AutoSave!!

linuxkidd

Hey All,
We just completed a forum software upgrade this morning. As usual, please let us know if there's anything out of sorts.

One quick note about a new feature of the upgrade. We now have Auto-Save within the editor! You'll notice a little yellow message at the lower right corner of the text input window will pop up every so often with 'Auto-Saved' in the text. If you move away from the editor and come back without posting, there will be a button in the lower right corner that says "Restore...." (the exact verbiage I don't recall). When you click that button, your entire last auto-saved text will be re-entered for you!

Here's a YouTube video demonstrating this feature ( and another feature or two I think.. )

New Editor Demo

Hope you enjoy!
LK

danemayer

The
table
feature
looks
pretty
promising.
I
it
alot.

I see the table coding, but I don't see the table content.

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Very cool! I noticed though that if I click on the "reply" tab down in the lower right side of the post, it opens up to the same as if I were doing a "reply with quote". Other than that it seems about the same as before. Again, very cool!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I too am having a problem with slow loading of pages...took almost a minute for the "new reply" portion to load so I could write this response???

pegmikef

Thanks for keeping this forum running and all the work you folks do on a daily basis.

The only thing I have noticed might be a buffering problem changing pages. Several times when going from one page to the next on for instance the what's new thread listing, I haven't been able to scroll on some of the pages and it seems a lot slower loading others (hehe just saw the auto save box flash . . nice touch).

Thanks again.

rl7greg

I'm having a problem posting to the "Ask the factory" subforum of the Edge brand community. Not sure if it is related to this change or not, but I can fill out my name, email address, VIN, phone number, subject line, but then I click on the box to type my message in, and I don't get a cursor - tried typing anyways....nothing shows up. Tried in Firefox 4, Chrome and IE9 with and without compatibility mode turned on....no luck. Is the new editor the problem maybe?

//heartlandowners.org/misc.php?do=form&fid=16