It's in front of the house

gawelsh

:D We pulled the Landmark out of storage today and brought it home until Tuesday, when it goes to the dealer for the MorRyde support rail they've "recalled" for. Then we're taking it to Gettysburg next weekend for its maiden trip, so we can check it out in detail and really get to understand all of the systems, etc. We'll be able to travel to and from home, since we're only 40 minutes away - plus we can take the dogs down to see how they handle the campground and being left in the RV while we're gone (we'll hide nearby to see if they bark for more than a minute - if they do, they'll be camping in a nice kennel here at home, which isn't what we want.)

I've spent time almost every evening thruout the winter months on this forum , learning from everyone else's experiences. I've also researched a lot of other fifth wheelers, just out of curiosity. Being in the Landmark again today made me appreciate its beauty and all of its features. It sure is 'purty', as they say in my home state of Virginia ! It won't be long 'til we're in Goshen at the rally - we're anxious to see what others have done to their units. See ya soon !!

Midastouch

I know you must be excited about having your Landmark there to admire! I am in my GC fulltime here and each time I go up the stairs and step inside ... I know why I chose it and love every minute of it! I've added alot of personal touches to make it very "cozy" feeling. The only drawback to that is I will have a little bit of "prep" to get everything secured before we take off next week! :rolleyes:

Tom of Ypsi

I know what you mean about getting the Landmark home and just enjoying it as we brought ours home yesterday after getting new tires on it. I sat in it for about 1 hour doing nothing yesterday eveninging just admiring it. Now I am trying to figure out where to put the stuff we want to take when we go fulltime next month and what is going in this weeks yard sale. What makes it harder though it is snowing out right now and the weather is not suppose to be the warmest this week to get everything ready. The Salvation Army may get a lot of stuff in a couple of weeks if the weather does not change

Midastouch

My family is in the Sterling Heights/Clinton Twp area in Michigan. I have never really missed the northern winters too much! It's 48 degrees here right now, after having gone through some rough weather last night ... far cry from the weather we had a few weeks ago at around 80 or more!

Love those heat pumps and fireplace!:D

Tom of Ypsi

I can tell you that this is my last winter in the snow unless I park in the wrong spot It is colder now than it was for Christmas and they say global warmng is heating up the earth just can not figure out what earth.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We took our Landmark out for the first time this season for an Easter trip. First part of the week was warm but the weekend was very cold. Woke up on Easter saturday morning to a small amount of snow on the ground. The temps did not get out of the upper 30's on Saturday. Really enjoyed the heat pump until it shutdown because of the cold. Kept the fornace set on about 75 degrees and stayed comfortable. Saturday morning the water regulator was frozen but that was the only problem. I do believe if we buy another new unit it will have the dual pane windows. All in all though we still love our Landmark.

gawelsh

We have the dual pane windows and the 15000 BTU heatpump. We didn't add a second A/C to the bedroom , though -I hope we don't regret that. What is everyone's experience in hot weather without that second A/C ?

BluegrassMan

Hi Gawelsh:

Where in Gettysburg are you staying ? I've been to Granite Hill So many times, actually for the Bluegrass Feativals. I do belong to the Battlefield Camping Resort (5yrs). NEVER stayed there ! Duh, Gotta get over there, It cost me enough to buy in.

Cheryl

What is everyone's experience in hot weather without that second A/C ?

Works pretty good at the beach with just one, but if you go anywhere else that has temps in the upper 90's or higher, one just doesn't get the job done. We are seriously considering adding a 2nd one in the bedroom. Last year, iIbought a fan and had it blowing right on us as we slept - helped a little.

Midastouch

I have 2 AC/Heat pump units and glad I have them! I'm in temps close to 100 degrees with high humidity and have said several times that I am not sure how anyone with one unit can deal with it! It is real nice to have that unit in the bedroom ... let's you customize the bedroom temp to your liking. The two vents in the bedroom ceiling that are supplied by the main 15K unit just don't do enough ... IMO.

gawelsh

BlueGrass Man - we bought the same membership (Coast to Coast), so that's where we're staying. They have a sister campground in NC that really looks good, so we hope to get there this summer or Fall - we'd like to tie it in with the East Coast Rally planned in SC, if we can swing it.
We ought to meet some time in Gettysburg - the appeal to us was its convenience to home for exactly what we're doing : shaking out the new RV bugs and introducing it to our dogs. Beyond that , we intend to use the membership for cheaper travelling to affiliated C2 campgrounds.

trdeal

second ac

We camped 2 years at Myrtle Beach with just one ac,no heat pump. We did keep all blinds closed and the door between bedroom and living area closed. Made it pretty good, but not as cool as we were used to in our former tt. We also used a fan in the bedroom at night which helped also.Last fall we had the second ac/heatpump installed and we love it. Have not used the ac yet, but the heatpump will keep the whole Landmark warm. I strongly recommend the second unit.Looking forward to putting the second ac to the test at the beach this summer.:cool:

gawelsh

Get out our checkbook ! About what was the cost of retro installing the 2nd heat pump in your bedroom ? And did a dealer do it or CW ? (Lindsey will be the first to tell you that her heat flashes send her running to the nearest 'cold spot' - even if it's just ice water on her face:eek: We were probably short-sighted not justg getting the 2nd unit....thought we were smart upgrading to the 15K heat pump.

THANKS for the info !

trdeal

gawelsh said:
Get out our checkbook ! About what was the cost of retro installing the 2nd heat pump in your bedroom ? And did a dealer do it or CW ? (Lindsey will be the first to tell you that her heat flashes send her running to the nearest 'cold spot' - even if it's just ice water on her face:eek: We were probably short-sighted not justg getting the 2nd unit....thought we were smart upgrading to the 15K heat pump.

THANKS for the info !
We had never owned a 5th wheel before and did not really think the huge space we would be cooling and heating. High ceilings and all. We did consider the second AC but decided against it.I think the cost was about 1100.00 from our dealer.We also had an patio awning installed on our door side slide out.That is why we let our dealer do the install. They did both jobs for us while there.Hope this helps.

C

Chulinw

I installed my second A/C unit. It is very easy to do and only problem was getting it on top of the unit. I had some help for that and did the rest myself. My cost ofr 13.5 was just over $550.00 and I put in a heat strip also for another $45.00 from CW. I needed it since I am the Gulf Coast and it gets hot.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Well my GC finally got back home from IN three weeks ago, still have alot of work to do cleaning it up for the trip out west on the 5th of May. Also have to get the roof finished on the garage, so far just have trusses.

Midastouch, please send me an E-mail and let me know where you are from. I was born in Rochester, not far from where you are now. Still have family there.