Sundance at Ocean Lakes

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We saw a Sundance being towed by a Chevy truck this morning pulling into Ocean Lakes Campground, in Myrtle Beach,SC today,4-14-2007, around noon. Could this have been someone we know from this web site
?

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Sundance @ Branson MO

Sharol and I arrived at Branson this afternoon and checked in at the "Americas Best Campground" (I had remembered someone else here on the forum had stayed here) and spotted a Sundance two trailers away. I dropped in and chatted with the new owners who are from California.

They were not aware of the forum so I passed along the URL and suggested they drop by and register.

We'll spend three days here taking in some shows. Dragged our feet on the way here from Florida headed back to Wolverine MI. We had to lay over an extra day at Lake Seminole FL/GA Eastbank Campground Corps of Engineers Park. An EXCELLENT Park and very reasonable rate with the "America The Beautiful" Senior Pass. There was severe weather at Montgomery AL but we managed to get on the back side of it. Also had heavy rain and lightning at Brinkley AR last night but just fog and colder weather through Little Rock AR today.

I'll post some pictures later showing the Lake Seminole Eastbank Campground and more info.

We may be stopping in Indiana to get a few things fixed. Had the Gray water #2 valve fail (probably the cable) and had the Black water tank valve jammed because of a piece of plastic lodged in the slider. I had fixed that before we left Florida. Otherwise.....no other problems and we're enjoying the Bighorn.

See some of you at the Rally.....

Tom & Sharol

K

Ken Washington

Hi Terry,
We will be at Ocean Lakes the 26th for two weeks! If you or anyone else will be there, visit us on site # 4097. Hope to have good weather and lots of fun!

Ken

RugRat

Looks like we will just miss you. Heading to Ocean Lakes on May 10th for a longer weekend getaway. Will be oceanfront in Section I.

trdeal

Ken Washington said:
Hi Terry,
We will be at Ocean Lakes the 26th for two weeks! If you or anyone else will be there, visit us on site # 4097. Hope to have good weather and lots of fun!

Ken
Hi Ken, I sure do envy you. Would love to be there, but can't be. We have stayed in either 4057 or 4058 for years. The next 2 years we will be in 4060.Always over the 4th of July. We just went down to the beach for a couple of days last week with my sister and her husband, and stayed in a hotel. Had a great time, but missed camping. Our son bought a pop up camper last week and we drove into Ocean Lakes on Saturday to try and find them a spot for the week of the 4th this year. Had been trying over the phone for days and mostly just sitting on hold,so I thought before we left town I would try in person.We did, but they have to change sites 1 time.That is when we saw the Sundance pulling in. We love the beach and it sure was hard to leave. If you or anyone else is at Ocean Lakes the week of July 4th stop by 4060 and see us. We will be glad to see you. Maybe even have an extra cup of HOME MADE ice cream. Have a great safe time Ken. What did you decide about your awning?

trdeal

RugRat said:
Looks like we will just miss you. Heading to Ocean Lakes on May 10th for a longer weekend getaway. Will be oceanfront in Section I.
RugRat, do you have a concrete pad on your site?When we were there at Christmas we stayed oceanfront on a concrete slab. That was really nice. I envy you. Looks like all of the HH section is concreted now and many more over the whole campground. Have a great,safe trip.

RugRat

We do have a concrete pad. Last year we were on I-8 which was a nice site, but had more traffice. We didn't mind and it provided entertainment for the dogs.

trdeal

RugRat, I am sure that sitting on the front row at OL is very entertaining, especially in the summer. Lots of traffic at night. I know the week of the 4th it is very busy. We will hop on the golf car and ride around some. Many, many folks riding around having a good time. Our kids grew up going to OL camping and they still talk about the good times they had. And we are still having good times together camping.Enjoy that concrete pad.Well worth the extra $5.00.