A/C leaking inside

Elder1

I'm not sure where this post goes so plz move it to correct area.

We have a 2011 3250ts with one A/C unit. We have been in CA for the last 2 months in 90 to 100 temp and have been running the AC all day and most of the night. We now have condensation coming from the main A/C output vent in the middle of the ceiling. Never had this happen before so at a lost what is wrong, any ideas? On one other thing, we have the thermostat set at 70 but the AC can't keep the temp below 85 when the outside temp is 100 + is this normal?

Thanks

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bryan, are you running the fan on low or high speed? Always run the fan on high. If you do not, then you will have lots of condensation running off the evaporator. Are you getting water running off the roof?? You might check the 4 bolts that hold the A/C unit to the roof. Remove the square cover on the unit. There are 4 screws under little round caps in each corner. You will see 4 long screws/bolts. Just snug them up as the rubber gasket can shrink with age.

As far inside temps...in 100* plus weather you will probably need the 2nd A/C. Its tough to keep a fiberglass box cool when its really hot. The rule of thumb, at least in automobiles is about a 30*-35* difference between inside and outside temps. If you know its going to be hot....leave tha A/C on all the time. Remember....you have to remove all the hot air (heat) 1st to cool the ceiling, walls, floor, etc. An A/C unit has to air "condition" everything in the coach. The thing most people do not understand about A/C's. Before it can cool...it has to remove all the hot air 1st. All this is the meaning of "air conditioning." JMHO

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Something you might check. If you have the thermostat set to the coldest setting and the A/C is running constantaly you might check and see if the coils on the inside are frosting up.

The one in our bedroom frosts up if we leave it on the lowest setting, making it where the compressor never goes off, and with the colder air coming in it will completely block the fins of the condenser. If it will cycle off and/or you keep the fan running all the time it may not freeze up. When the condenser is totally frosted up no air will flow through. Turning it off and the frost will melt and water will drip inside.

The main thing is keep the fan running and make sure it is on high. If your getting water from the outside you need to make sure the bolts and gasket is sealing like stated above.

BC

Elder1

Thanks to those of you that responded.

I found out that we are getting ice on the cooling fins , also noticed that there was very little air coming from the vents. Sigh, looks like its time to invest in that 2d A/C unit.

Good travels all

DW_Gray

Thanks for this post. I started using my A/C the past few days here in Goshen, IN and I'm having the same problem.

I can always trust this forum to learn!

DW_Gray

I just read this other post about tightening the bolts.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/16653-AC-leaking-water-inside-bedroom-FIX...