What A/C temperature differential are you getting....

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Many times I hear complaints about their Heartland Product. I think I am getting pretty good service from my Bighorn, especially with the A/C here in Dallas area.

My electronic temperature guage has read the temp undeer the front of the trailer (meaning not in direct sunlight. It is velcroed on the Pin Box) has been up to 105*. My guage for today shows 103* outside and 84* inside. I do close the pocket door to the bedroom until about 4pm then I turn on the turn on the A/C in the bedroom. I have the ceiling fan running and a Windtunnel fan on the floor to help circulate the air. I have the living room A/C dumping in the living room rather than through the ducts.

How have some of you been doing? What temps are you seeing.

We have had temperature differentials from 17* up to 21* in the last few weeks.

BC

hoefler

I have been in 108* temps, on asphalt spots, full sun, no shade, and very high humidity. Been able to keep the inside temperature at 75* with the units cycling. The main A/C is going through the ducts and the bedroom A/C on and the temperature slightly high than the main A/C. It is easier to try and maintain your temperature than to lower it. By not running the A/C and closing off the bedroom and letting it heat up and bake, you are stacking the odds against you as you are playing catch up. Leave the main A/C circulating through the duct work, this will actually get the rig cooler than dumping it below in one area. Run the ceiling fan if you have one. Run the bedroom A/C from the get go. If you have a portable fan, put in in the door way to the bedroom and blow into the main living area. I don't have the all in one bath, so I can direct one of the outlet vents through the door way. Since the bedroom is a much smaller area for the size of the A/C compared to the living room area, it will cycle more often than the main A/C. Our bedroom will actually get down in the 60's while the living area in the low 70's. When the sun goes down, the bedroom A/C will stop running all together. Then around 10 or 11 o'clock, the bedroom A/C with start in again. Also, if you are getting a 20* drop across the coil, difference from the intake and the outlet, your A/C is doing as well as it can. Humidity is a killer, another reason to never shut your A/C down if you like it cool.