Wild Fire in Spring, Texas. Some areas are being evacuated.

pegmikef

I just saw on the national news that there are fires in the Spring, Texas area and they were recommending evacuation. I know some of you might have some ties to that area and I hope that everything is ok. Thought you all might want to know about it.

rustyshakelford

They had a pretty bad one yesterday. Helicopter drops and a c-130 that dumped onto of our booster! We need some rain soon! Today I saw Alabama forestry service and the us forest service. They are getting worse with the RH so low and wind so high

Brett

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There were fires are over the place. Spring had one in the Aldine Westfiled-Cypresswood area and although they evacuated some homes everything turned out okay. There was one near Corrigan in Trinity/Polk county which was in the national forest. It is still burning but about 80 percent contained. So far it has burned 22000 acres 2 homes and several deer camps. There was also a large one in Grimes county which burned over 5500 acres and several homes. It did rain yesterday some, alot the day before and barely some today. The rained helped the firefighters gain control but we still are over 20 inches behind and need more. Oh yeah there was also a fire in Walker/Madison county and was very large too. That one closed down I45 for several hours. They have that one controlled now.

AttyVette

Thanks for the prayers..we are still so dry here that officials have cancelled the fouth of July fireworks for the Woodlands mall and in Tomball. We need some heavy duty downpours but not hurricanes of course.