Bed room bathroom sliding door

Bob Vaughn

The bed room sliding door between the bathroom and bedroom should have been made larger as when it is closed you can see into the bathroom from the bed. Mabey it could have been closer to the wall. I think I will try to find some cherry shoe molding at the wood store and see if I can trim it out :confused:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Do you have a picture Bob? I have a slider between the bedroom and bathroom that closes all the way, so I can't get a mental picture of your situation.

TedS

Is the door not wide enough or is it stopping short?
In our doors there is a stop screw driven into the top rail. The doors stop against the door frame before the hanger wheel touches the stop screw. Maybe your stop screw was installed too far in from the end of the rail.

Bob Vaughn

Our door is exactly the same size as the opening but sits about 1/2 " away from the wall so if you are laying on the bed you can see some one sitting on the toilet. I wonder why they did not make that wall a pocket door also.

SilverRhino

What about attaching a piece of flexible weather stripping, like what they use on the bottom of shower doors, to the back edge of the door??

This would fill the gap, that if I understand your description, between the door and the wall. Thinking about it for another minute.....it would be better to attach it to the edge of the wall in the bathroom........It would act like a "door sweep". Hope this makes sense.......I have the picture in my mind......Hard to get from there to my fingers :confused:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Our door is exactly the same size as the opening but sits about 1/2 " away from the wall so if you are laying on the bed you can see some one sitting on the toilet. I wonder why they did not make that wall a pocket door also.

Ahhh, so your door IS NOT a pocket door? I think a lot of us thought that's what you were talking about. The quarter round sounds like a good fix in that case.

Bob Vaughn

I just measured the opening from the hall to the bathroom and it is 24" the opening from the bath to bedroom is 26 " both doors are 26" so the bedroom door opening is too large for the door.