Front Stands on the big ones!!

tbsimmons

Well after being tired of dealing with Heartland on why my trailer will either not lift much after it is off the truck or quit moving totally, I have had enough of heartland and the build of somethings, time to modify.
Here is one of the things I changed.
I called Venture for the dual motor conversion.
http://www.venturemfgco.com/docs/dual pk conversion instructions.pdf
Pretty easy to install and works great.
So if you have had your trailer in for the same reason and they say they are all like that, or they switch the motor, put a gearbox on and still the same, do the above.
All of the big trailers I have looked at, minus a few of the higher priced ones, have one motor for the stands, not enough power to lift these pigs. **** my parents Carriage came with 2 motors and was not much more than my trailer.
To Heartland and all Manuf., if you have over 3000# of pin weight put 2 motors.
This will stop most if not all the warranty work on the front stands, which you are supposed to do to keep customers happy and continue to buy your product. The cost of the conversion is about the same as buying a motor and a gear box. So why buy a new motor and new gear box and not fix the problem to begin with?

rustyshakelford

they have switched to hydraulic landing gear now. they are the cats meow and i can unhook from start to finish in 30 seconds. that includes unhitching. glad you were able to find a solution to the weak electric motors

brett

tbsimmons

I thought they were an option, not standard. If they are standard that is good. But if it is an option, most wont get it. The electrics work fine if they are able to lift the weight, which they wont with only one motor.

gpshemi

Perhaps, but hydraulic landing gear are way faster. Also, most will get it because the dealer will opt for it.
I'd venture a guess that most Cyclones are loaded fairly well.

I'll be looking into the dual motor conversion some day. It would be nice to be able to control each one individually.

tbsimmons

You two are missing the point.
Either Hydraulics or dual motor should have been standard from the factory, not an option, not lets change the motor, etc.
These trailers are way too heavy for one motor. To have heartland just throw stuff at it then say they are all slow is BS.
I was just giving people that have been through this an option to solve it.

jdfishing

I also added a second motor to the front landing gear about a month ago on my 3055 after four years of frustration and breakdowns and "problem solved". According to Venture, that has been their recommendation to manufacturer's from the beginning. It's still slower than hydraulics but cheaper.

tbsimmons

They told me the same thing, along with the Weekend Warriors, but neither company listened to them. Its all good now. I can get the front as high as I need now with out waiting on it.
They also have said that they have sold a lot of set-ups to people with Toy Haulers. Right when I called she just asked what trailer it was and kind of giggled.