Converter/Battery charger

jtm012

New guy, lot to learn. Was wondering if my 3655RD has either a converter or Battery charger? How does the battery keep a charge while we are hooked to shore power for an extended period of time?

jimtoo

Hi jtm012,

Yes, you have a converter that keeps your battery charged and also supplies 12v for almost all the lights in the trailer and also for the fridge and furnace to operated. Check the battery water often.

Jim M

brianharrison

Hello jtm,

The converter/battery charger is a combined unit --> Your unit may have a Progressive Dynamics converter/charger like mine. The Tools drop down tab on the top this page has a HOM - Heartland Owners Manuals section for the electrical/converters/progressive dynamics section with owners manuals. Click here for a PD9200 series manual. It has a section describing how it charges the batteries and keeps them charged when you are connected to shore power.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
Brian

k6fn

K6FN
thanks for the charger info and product manual.. I think my 2009 big horn has this but wiull check..'
adios, jerry

sgtbigb

Here is a a very good tip, Keep a battery charger handy in your RV. It will do the work as your converter just in case the RV converter fail. I know because when my convertor fail I thought I was dead in the water until someone from this forum told me to connect the charger to the battery so I could funtion until I replaced the converter.
New guy, lot to learn. Was wondering if my 3655RD has either a converter or Battery charger? How does the battery keep a charge while we are hooked to shore power for an extended period of time?