Honda 3000

Just joined the forum, looking to find some info. on using the geny prep. in the generator bay to hook up with a honda 3000, I'll be installing a slider tray to ventilate but don't want to run the cable around the back to the rear plug-in. Maybe someone out there has been here.

brianharrison

Hi DanceswithFire,

I used the gen prep to wire in my EU3000i - I added a 30 amp RV female plug-in off the junction box (JB) already in the trailer for gen prep wiring. I use a 10/3 pigtail with male 30 amp twistlock and 30 RV amp male to connect the generator output with the new 30 amp plug. I also made sure I grounded the EU3000 ground connection to the trailer frame. No remote capabilities, nor hour meter.

I wired together the two hots (L1, L2) in the JB and ran a #10/3 from the JB to the new 30 female plug (encolsed in a new PVC JB). I am in-phase so do not have a true 50 amp, but the 3000 does not support anything more.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the feed back, I've got the unit in for warranty work right now so when I get it back I'll have a better look. Makes perfect sence, although I don't recall seeing a JB, just a connector plate with lugs and its wide open in plain veiw, no protection. weird ahh

Best Regards,

Todd