Water in Belly Pan & Replacing Roof - 2011 Augusta

tvermette

The other day while outside, I noticed that the bottom plastic piece that holds up the insulation under the unit was bowed down bigtime. Upon further exploration, i poked a small hole the size of a pencil in the plastic and clear water came out. I went into my basement and looked inside the under the unit and everything was dry? Any thoughts?

We got some hail damage in Tennessee and are going to need a new roof, so the RV place will look at everything while it's there, but just curious if anyone else experienced something like this?

Also, does the factory replace roofs?? I would rather have it done at the factory than another location.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
tvermette, I would call Heartland Customer Service regarding the roof replacement. I assume you are going through your insurance on this?
As for the water in the underbelly, you will have to do more research on this one. It could be a leak from a freshwater tank fitting or the fill tube or vent tubing. With your rig being a 2011, I would consult your dealer.

davidg

If you ran in the rain since you had it or pressure washed underneath it could come from that, I've had happen to me.
David

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
tvermette - welcome to the forum. We had a knife valve leaking on your BC 3250 which put a lot of gray water onto the underbelly. You would have to drop the underbelly panel near the gray tanks pulls to check and see if its leaking.

We live in East Tennessee which had alot of hail problems. Our coach was under a shed so we were ok but talking with RVS for Less, there are a lot of coaches that he is having to replace the roofs. I'm not sure and didn't asked who covers the replacement cost.

We would like to encourage you to think about joining the Heartland Owner Club. Not only do you get a fancy Heartland Owner plate and name tags but you will also get discounts on parts ordered from the Heartland Service Center. Nathan & I would also like to invite you to the Tennessee Rally being held in East TN in Townsend on Aug 5-7. Not only will you meet other Heartland owners, but you can get helpful hints and modification ideas. You can find more info on the TN rally on the right side of the front page.

Enjoy and travel safely.