Problems with Antenna TV Reception

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We are set up just outside of Grand Rapids, MI. Got here Sunday after leaving Goshen. When I set up, we had several over the air tv channels. Yesterday moring everything was working fine. When we came back from a sight-seeing trip, no TV. Just snow on all channels. Tried to do an "auto-program" and got "0 channels saved" when complete. I've checked all the connections inside the coach, behind the tv, behind the dvd, at the booster switch, every place I could think of. Tried to lower the antenna and then re-raise it. Tried turning off the booster then re-starting it. Nothing seems to work. No reception.

I might add, I finally got one channel on the bedroom tv. Nothing I did, it just came back on last night, but still nothing on the living room tv.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what/where I can explore further? Need less to say I'm frustrated that I can't figure out what the problem is. Working one minute and then not.

Sign me confused.

Keith

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Could someone have messed with the connection at the antenna? (I'm sure you love climbing on the roof as much as I do to check up there!) Also, the power could have gone out and reset your setup on the TV (e.g. Source setting?)

Netem

Welcome to digital TV. We go to Holland Mi. most summers and the TV is hit and miss, sometimes it works better on a rainy day than a clear day. If you figure it out let us all know.

robnmo

I was checking satellite/cable, etc connections yesterday when I hooked the TV back up and scanned channels I got 2 (normally have alot more here at home). I checked the connection on the roof to the antenna and it was loose, went back in brought up the TV menu and hit reset the TV to "Factory settings" and rescanned, now we've got 32 channels. Not sure which one did it but something you might give a try. Good luck.

mikeyy53

I had a similiar problem. I finally found that the cable connector between the wall and the TV was broke (the end came off in my hand) replaced the cable works like a champ!