Just a thought

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just wondering if it would be possible to order a 'plain jane' 5er. One without paint or decals. That way it could be taken to a paint shop and be painted whatever color I wanted. Not that I would want to do it right now but just wondering. It could save the expense of a full body paint and that money could be used to pay for a different paint scheme. Hmmmm

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
You would probably be able to do that with a custom coach builder. My guess is most manufacturers might not. Check out this LINK. Cha ching $$$

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Just got to Elkhart this afternoon and as we were coming in off of 80/90 there was a RV manufacturer (not Heartland) with a ocean of RVs with no decals. I don't know what stage they were in but they were very plain. I'd think you could order one if you wanted it.

GOTTOYS

Finding a paint shop with a big enough booth to fit it in for painting will be one thing. another would be the cost. Professional materials and workmanship has a pretty hefty price. There might not be much if any difference from ordering it that way from the factory...JMHO..Don

Tom of Ypsi

Jim,

I saw a Cyclone going down the road in South Dakota two years ago without and HL ID. The only way I knew it was a Cyclone was because of the front end.

jbeletti

We have done this before. Doubt there's any price reduction. Full body paint will be $8k to $12k. Tom, love the pic of your new coach. Congrats. By the way, I know who the owner is of the white Cyclone. Username here is Thor. He's from California. Met him at a rally there.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have done this before. Doubt there's any price reduction. Full body paint will be $8k to $12k. Tom, love the pic of your new coach. Congrats. By the way, I know who the owner is of the white Cyclone. Usenrname here is Thor. He's from California. Met him at a rally there.

My thought was instead of paying the 8-12 k for the full body stadard paint take that 8-12k and use it to get your own custom FB paint. I was just thinking and wondering. I know Jim I think too much. LOL