mor/ryde or trailair ?

yippi

NFL Fans
would like to buy either a mor/ryde or a trailair for my bighorn 3670 does anyone have a idea which would be better for me.. we are going south this winter for the first time and want to be ready :D

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: mor/ryde or tailair ?

Are you talking about a pin box? Both make suspension parts as well.
If you are talking about a pin box, I have the Trail Air with the Tri Glide, and love it. Cant speak for the Mor-Ryde.

Peace
Dave

aatauses

If you are talking pin box--we have the mor-ride with a BH 3670 and like it with no problems---my hitch is a husky with air so I get the chucking fixed with the mor ride and the bouncing fixed with my air ride hitch.
I ask a similar question in 2010 when we ordered ours, the rep said to go with the trail air---however at that time the owners forum convinced me to go with the mor ride and have been happy.

GOTTOYS

It depends on what you want it to do. A Mor-Ryde will control chucking, which is a front to back motion only. A Trail-Aire or 5th Airborne is a air ride pinbox and it is designed to control the up and down motion but not chucking. A third design is the Trail-Aire Tri-Glide. It contains the features of both designs...Don

porthole

Retired

Have used both the Tri Glide and MOR/ryde pin boxes.
Had the MR installed when the trailer was new, installed the Tri Glide at 13 months. Put the MR back on after 2 months.

With a Super Glide hitch I found the Tri Glide to be unnecessarily harsh, but that is with a heavy trailer.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

We love our Mor-Ryde hitch which replaced the Trail-air hitch

kwb4444

GotToys . . . . Did you mean the Mor-Ryde pin box? I have a TrailAir pin box and a lot of "chucking". Do you think that the Mor-Ryde pin box would be better than the TrailAir Tri Glide? My options are to go with the MorRyde, add the Tri Glide to my TrailAir pin box, or go with the Trailer Saver air hitch. The air hitch is very expensive!!!!
thanks ken

Yip . . . . . What problems are you having. From what I read in these posts, the mor/ryde pin box helps with back and forth movement, and that the TrailAir pin box helps w up and down motion. We have the TrailAir and don't seem to have up and down motion. Our problem is that we have a lot of back and forth chucking. I am considering the TrailAir Tri-Glide attachment. . . . . .. ken

Last edited by a moderator:

ncc1701e

I sure hope the "Mor/ryde" is a good choice. Son-n-law and I just finished changing out my king pin box yesterday. Took us about 2 hours. I have yet to pull the trailer, but will in the next week.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
GotToys . . . . Did you mean the Mor-Ryde pin box? I have a TrailAir pin box and a lot of "chucking". Do you think that the Mor-Ryde pin box would be better than the TrailAir Tri Glide? My options are to go with the MorRyde, add the Tri Glide to my TrailAir pin box, or go with the Trailer Saver air hitch. The air hitch is very expensive!!!!
thanks ken

Yip . . . . . What problems are you having. From what I read in these posts, the mor/ryde pin box helps with back and forth movement, and that the TrailAir pin box helps w up and down motion. We have the TrailAir and don't seem to have up and down motion. Our problem is that we have a lot of back and forth chucking. I am considering the TrailAir Tri-Glide attachment. . . . . .. ken

Ken, I have the Trail Air Tri Glide and have had virtually no chucking. It would be a lot less expensive to add the Tri Glide lower jaw than a new pin box.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
ANYTHING is an improvement over a standard, rigid pin box. I put the 5th Airborne on ours and am very happy with it. Truck has a standard Reese 16K hitch. Yesterday, I pulled my sister's old Golden Falcon 300 miles to join us at our seasonal site. There is a stretch of I-69 westbound from Port Huron, MI, that almost made me turn around and dump her rig back at her house. Thought I'd have to visit the dentist to get some fillings put back in.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have the Trailer Air hitch and the Mor-Ryde pin box. No chucking anymore. Got rid of the Trail-Air pin box