PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Luray - 9/30/2011 to 10/2/2011

Hudson
06-22-2011, 04:25 PM
3402 Kimball Rd, Luray, VA 22835
Venue:
------------------------------

Luray Country Waye
3402 Kimball Rd
Luray, VA 22835
http://www.countrywaye.com
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $0

Details:

Number of sites held: 20
Site fee: $49 per night.
Club Member Event fee: $0
Non-Club Member fee: $20 per rig
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 10/1/2011
Potluck time: 6:00pm

Event Leader: Hudson(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=2329)

Additional Info:
2nd Annual "Rally In The Shenandoah Valley"

As of 9/28 we are 80% booked up

Okay folks, you enjoyed the weather, the amazing views, and the leaves changing at last year's Rally In The Shenandoah Valley. Well the Virginia Chapter is doing it again but even better. It's the same mountain views. It's the same beautiful sky -- except this time we'll be under wide open skies so there's no problem about getting satellite TV. And this time we won't be fit together in a jigsaw puzzle campground because Luray Country Waye has large flat open sites with much fewer trees. I really enjoyed touring this campground before deciding upon it.

There are a few things to know in addition to what's above.

Call the campground to make your reservation. You will not be given a site number. They assign sites when you arrive. Every camp site is nice. I could park the Behemoth in any of these sites. If you want to be next to someone and you won't be arriving with them, then tell them that when you make your reservation.
They take a credit card to hold your reservation but not for payment. Pay by cash or personal check (how many places still take checks?)
The rally rate is 10% off of the rack rate shown above. All camp sites are the same price.
Golf Carts are not prohibited but they are strongly discouraged. I might not even bring mine. Trust me it won't be needed.
There will be an indoor pot luck on Saturday evening. Please bring main dishes, side dishes, desserts, drinks, etc.
The swimming pool will be closed that time of year.
The campground might have a pizza party ($) on Friday night. They installed a huge new wood-fired pizza oven but they don't know how late in the season they'll run it.
We will probably try to organize a trip to the famous Luray Caverns.
If the campground doesn't do pizza on Friday we will organize a group dinner outing.
There is a 100% chance that we're going to get some of you to go with us to the Sunday Brunch at The Mimslyn Inn.
There will not be a tee shirt for this rally but we are working on a special souvenir of a Rally In The Shenandoah Valley.
Tracy and I are planning a few special activities and any ideas are welcome.

And a special treat: You remember I said we're under wide open skies? I'm not exaggerating. The sky view is so impressive here that there will be an astronomy club camping there that weekend for their sky watching event. I've been told this club would love to show us the stars through their telescopes. In fact, I happen to own one of those high end telescopes myself and I'm planning on dusting it off for this event too.

As people sign up and announce their reservations in this thread, I will keep an updated attendees list on this post. If you signed up (and told me) before the "as of" date and you're not on the list, then send me another message because that means I don't have you down.

Signed up as of 9/27
Hudson & Tracy Hendren (Wagonmaster)
Gus & Debra Funderburg (Chapter Leaders)
Roger & Kelly Beasley
Mark & Lucia Burton
Ken & Marj Gallimore
Eric & Hallie Grubaugh
John & Mary Ann Proto
Jim & Harriet Dahlgren
Chuck & Jean Strub
David & Gloria Green
Richard & Virginia Naigle
Eric & Dorothy van Opstal
Kevin & Nellie Wolbeck
Don & Cindy Massengill
Tim & Beth Parker

f250dieseldad
06-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Count us in. I will call the campground tomorrow. Do I get a prize for being first?

boatto5er
06-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Got your prize right here John!

Hudson
06-23-2011, 11:49 AM
The post has only been up for an hour and already this rally is 20% booked!!

f250dieseldad
06-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Okay, just called and made my reservation. We are set.

dbylinski
06-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Got your prize right here John!

Does that mean that we're going to be parked next to you Gus?:cool:

camperjohn08
07-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Nancy & I probably won't be attending this one.. Nice Camp Ground.. BUT with a 1/2 ton pick-up.. a 5.3 liter gas engine and small brakes.. We don't feel comfortable climbing another major mountain like the one we went over last year.. You all with Diesels, exhaust brakes and larger brakes.. will have no problem..
Safety First in MY Book..
John & Nancy

Vtxkid
07-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Were trying to help fix this problem with John hopefully getting a new truck! :) Time will tell...

boatto5er
07-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Were trying to help fix this problem with John hopefully getting a new truck! :) Time will tell...

When do we get pics of your new rig?!:confused:

Vtxkid
07-07-2011, 06:08 AM

As soon as I get a chance to get a few goood pic's of the "Big Boy", I will figure out how to display them on the forum... :)

camperjohn08
07-07-2011, 08:34 PM
I hate to admit it.. But I am looking at a 3500HD LTZ Silverado Dually myself..with Diesel of course.. (You know a 4 door truck with a Long bed and four rear wheels..UGG) also seeing what's out there in a SRW 3500HD Diesel also..not too many choices on the 2011 SRW though..especially in the LTZ series. Been offered a GOOD price for my Silverado.. BUT DO I WANT THOSE DARN PAYMENTS:confused:
I actually did the measurements the Dually would only be 12" longer than my extended cab long bed..instead of 20 1/2' it would be 21 1/2' ...But I could tow a nice toy hauler.. or another nice 5'er.. with it.

camperjohn08
07-07-2011, 08:37 PM
As soon as I get a chance to get a few goood pic's of the "Big Boy", I will figure out how to display them on the forum... :)
There will be a Show and Tell at the Rally in Delaware;)

Vtxkid
07-07-2011, 09:05 PM
There will be a Show and Tell at the Rally in Delaware;)
Yeah, with two new trucks added to the heartland family!!! :)

boatto5er
07-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Now if we can get you both signed up for the Luray rally, we can have a show and tell there also!

mjatwalker
07-08-2011, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=camperjohn08;187240..But I could tow a nice toy hauler.. or another nice 5'er.. with it.[/QUOTE]

Hey John, New truck new camper not a problem...We did it...it only hurts for a little while.

dbylinski
07-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Hey John, New truck new camper not a problem...We did it...it only hurts for a little while.

Ditto on the only hurts for a little while!

camperjohn08
07-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Test drove the Dually today.. actually drove it to the house and "Parked" it in my garage.. "IT ACTUALLY FIT!!" But the salesman wouldn't let me keep it there without paying for it.. Darn.. Drove it back to the dealer.. BUT the numbers still aren't right..$$.. Having him look for a 3500HD SRW 4 door standard box 4x4 LTZ.. I loved the way the dually drove.. but am alittle concerned about the length..AT LEAST the dealer was nice enough to let me "Test Fit It" in my Garage..He almost fished me in...................................

Vtxkid
07-10-2011, 09:07 AM

Okay Gus, don't know if I am doing this right but here are some pic's of our new "big boy"!!! 1393113932

dbylinski
07-10-2011, 10:54 AM
I bet that looks really good hooked up to the Cyclone HD! Nice truck!

boatto5er
07-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Awesome Jerry!

fordtech 2008
07-10-2011, 03:31 PM
we might make it to the rally, we are looking at a 3300ck sundance, if we get it should have it by the rally.

Vtxkid
07-10-2011, 07:26 PM
I bet that looks really good hooked up to the Cyclone HD! Nice truck!
Thanks Deb & Gus... we are proud of her. She pulls the Cyclone like a dream....

boatto5er
07-10-2011, 09:11 PM
we might make it to the rally, we are looking at a 3300ck sundance, if we get it should have it by the rally.

Awesome Ken. Hope you, Marj, and Sara can make it!

fordtech 2008
07-13-2011, 11:20 AM
ok reservation is made,new camper is ordered we will be there on the 30th and leave on the 2nd.

porthole
07-27-2011, 11:36 AM
For those interested in sight seeing - Skyline Drive would be great. Just under 200 miles round trip from the campground. Well worth the park entry fee and a good chance to see some bears.

Hudson
07-28-2011, 08:34 AM
For those interested in sight seeing - Skyline Drive would be great. Just under 200 miles round trip from the campground. Well worth the park entry fee and a good chance to see some bears.

Umm, 200 miles from where? Skyline Drive is only a couple of miles from the campground.

porthole
07-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Umm, 200 miles from where? Skyline Drive is only a couple of miles from the campground.

Campground to top of Skyline is about 20 miles.
Top to bottom of Skyline Drive is about 104 miles
Bottom of Skyline to campground is about 60 miles

Vtxkid
07-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Campground to top of Skyline is about 20 miles.
Top to bottom of Skyline Drive is about 104 miles
Bottom of Skyline to campground is about 60 miles
I understood what you were saying Duane....

porthole
07-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Yeah Jerry - he has a toy box but no toys in it :D

"nothing will clear your troubles away like a tank or two of fuel"

Hudson
07-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Oh, well that's true.

To save on driving, the central portion -- between our campground (Thornton Gap entrance off US 211) south to Swift Run Gap (at US 33) -- is my favorite part.

chkwgn
08-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Jean and I made reservations today. Arriving on the 29th. Are we going to have T-shits? Saw earlier that we may.

Chuck

boatto5er
08-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Jean and I made reservations today. Arriving on the 29th. Are we going to have T-shits? Saw earlier that we may.

Chuck

No plans for a t-shirt right now.

fordtech 2008
08-11-2011, 03:30 PM
got the call from chesapeake rv the new camper is here so guess we can show it off at the rally.

boatto5er
08-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Outstanding! Show and tell will be added to the agenda (wait, that may be the only thing on the agenda! You know how laid back these fall rallies are).:)

dbylinski
08-12-2011, 06:42 AM
We always remark that the Virginia Fall Rally last year was the best! Your no plan events are awesome! Now let's see, it's a laid back, no plan event so I need to pack Wine, Firewood, Cheese, Firewood, Pot Luck Ingredients, Firewood, Popcorn, Firewood, Hot Dogs and Firewood! No plan yet......:cool:! Ok, you can let me know what hours you'll be needing my site for entertaining...... LOL!

All kidding aside, the Virginia Fall Rallies are the best when it comes to relaxing and getting to really know your Heartland friends!

boatto5er
08-12-2011, 09:51 AM
We always remark that the Virginia Fall Rally last year was the best! Your no plan events are awesome! Now let's see, it's a laid back, no plan event so I need to pack Wine, Firewood, Cheese, Firewood, Pot Luck Ingredients, Firewood, Popcorn, Firewood, Hot Dogs and Firewood! No plan yet......:cool:! Ok, you can let me know what hours you'll be needing my site for entertaining...... LOL!

All kidding aside, the Virginia Fall Rallies are the best when it comes to relaxing and getting to really know your Heartland friends!

Awwwww, you are too kind (keep it coming). Hudson and I are both very good at doing nothing. (Actually, doing nothing is the hardest job in the world - you never get to take a break and do nothing!)

boatto5er
08-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Debra and I plan (that's the operative word) to arrive on Thursday evening, Sept 29, and leave on Mon morning, Oct 3.

Jim & Harriet
08-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Just confirmed our reservation (no site #) for the Virginia Fall Rally - always good to spend time
"doing nothing" with friends :)

hillsonwheels
08-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Why's come nobody is making sure John Latham is coming? He is the fire meister isn't he?????? He travels with wood and if you can get Kevin involved you can melt glass! This rally has made our "A" list. Need to do some planning and make some reservations.

Dick

boatto5er
08-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Why's come nobody is making sure John Latham is coming? He is the fire meister isn't he?????? He travels with wood and if you can get Kevin involved you can melt glass! This rally has made our "A" list. Need to do some planning and make some reservations.

Dick

We're working on him Very hard!

Hudson
08-28-2011, 01:16 PM
No plans for a t-shirt right now.

There may not be plans for a t-shirt, but Tracy is working on something special for this rally. I dare not say what until she gets it lined up. I can say that if she is able to set up what she has in mind, then HOC members will get theirs for free (compliments of the HOC).

Hudson
08-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Tracy is working out a theme for this rally. She's trying to decide among several interesting choices. I'll post that info once it's known.

Even though this will be a relatively laid back rally, there will of course be an agenda for the benefit of those who require order in their lives (Gus ;)). I'll put it online for download here once it's ready.

Sorry I haven't been more active here lately but I have just been doing so many trips with little time in between. (Which is weird because I usually hate to travel in the summer time, but we joined a membership campground and have been camping there a lot plus several non-RV trips.) There's still a month until the rally so plenty of time for me to get things done. Well, except that I'm only going to be at home for about ten days between now and the rally. Good thing it's a less formal rally.

BTW, Tracy will also be coordinating the pot luck although it will need very little coordination.

At least the band has been hired. Just kidding :D

Hudson
09-05-2011, 02:51 PM
We are past the halfway mark on signups and the rally is less than four weeks away now. The latest two rigs to sign up are new members to the Virginia Chapter. What a great setting to meet new people with their new rigs.

I am still working on some agenda items. This will be a pretty laid back rally but there are still some really interesting and fun things to do while you're there.

virginia
09-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Richard and Virginia Naigle made reservations for Thursday - Sunday

boatto5er
09-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Richard and Virginia,

Glad you'll be joining us! It'll be great to meet you. We are also coming in Thursday evening.

Hudson
09-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Well folks, I am off to Florida and won't get back until just before the rally. The rally planning and pre-setup is pretty much finished so that's taken care of. But since I probably won't have the Internet until I get back, I probably won't be able to respond to posts here ... and won't be able to update the attendee list. We all really look forward to seeing everyone in Luray! Make sure to call Shulamit to sign up now otherwise she might take back any unbooked sites -- especially since she gave us her very best sites.

I'm sorry to miss seeing everyone at the MD rally ... wish I could be there with you guys. Have fun in Ocean City!

boatto5er
09-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Have a great time in Florida. See you at Luray!

kwolbeck
09-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Just booked our reservations to arrive on Wednesday, Sept 28th and stay for one week. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Kevin and Nelly

boatto5er
09-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Just booked our reservations to arrive on Wednesday, Sept 28th and stay for one week. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Kevin and Nelly

Hi Kevin and Nelly. It'll be great to see you two again!

Flying Dutchman
09-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Just made our reservations to arrive Friday 9/30 and stay for 2 nights. Looking forward to a great time with our Heartland family.

happycampernc
09-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Is it Sept. 30 yet? I can't wait!!!

boatto5er
09-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Just made our reservations to arrive Friday 9/30 and stay for 2 nights. Looking forward to a great time with our Heartland family.

Eric and Dorothy - glad you can make it. No rally is complete without the President and first Lady!

Is it Sept. 30 yet? I can't wait!!!

It can't get here soon enough! Looking forward to seeing your new rig.

boatto5er
09-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Fourteen rigs signed up. We have six sites left. Come on folks - come spend a nice fall weekend in the Shenandoah Valley!

happycampernc
09-18-2011, 01:59 PM
When will we have the agenda?

boatto5er
09-18-2011, 05:39 PM
When will we have the agenda?

I think Hudson has a couple of events planned but not a lot. Expect it will be similar to last fall's schedule - pretty laid back and loose. Hudson is in Florida right now and not due back until just before the rally so we won't have a formal agenda at least until then.

happycampernc
09-20-2011, 06:07 PM
I hope we can get the rig out. We've had a lot of rain. Hoping to leave @ 11 on Friday.

happycampernc
09-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Trying to come up with something for the pot luck supper. I have no idea.

boatto5er
09-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Trying to come up with something for the pot luck supper. I have no idea.

We never know either. Try to use the KISS principle. Always works for us.

happycampernc
09-25-2011, 07:00 AM
I've got something in mind.

happycampernc
09-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Four more days. Yeah!!! It'll be good to see all. Taking Sara out of school early so we can get there at a decent time.

boatto5er
09-26-2011, 09:25 PM
We'll be in Thursday evening, probably between 6-7pm. This is the first time we've been out since the Delaware rally in July. Hope I remember how to do everything. It'll be good to be back on the road. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Flying Dutchman
09-27-2011, 07:07 AM
It will be just like getting back on a bicycle after a long absence, and besides Debra will keep you on track. So glad that you are on the rally circuit again, we missed you. We should be pulling in around lunch time on Friday, see you then.

Jim & Harriet
09-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Gus - I have to ask... the KISS principle?

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend,
Safe travels!

dbylinski
09-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Go on and wiggle your way out of this one Gus.......

boatto5er
09-27-2011, 12:34 PM

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend,
Safe travels!

KISS = Keep It Simple and Sweet :)

Go on and wiggle your way out of this one Gus.......

How's That??? :p

Hudson
09-27-2011, 01:16 PM

It's the modern translation of Occam's Razor. KISS is an acronym for "Keep It Simple, Stupid." For a potluck that probably means don't make anything complicated. Especially once you see the theme for this one.

Yes, everyone, I made an agenda and I thought I posted it here. Unfortunately, since I was in such a hurry to leave for Florida, instead of doing the "smart" thing by keeping a copy of it for myself, I thought I'd do the fastest/easiest thing by just posting it and then when I got home I'd download my own copy back. Joke's on me ... I guess I never actually pressed SEND...

So I'm retyping it now. As before, it's pretty simple, mostly about the food and meals and the theme. Well, Tracy is off right now to pick up the supplies, souvenirs, giveaways, prizes, etc. so I won't post it until she gets back in a couple of hours.

I can say without fear of being wrong again (jeez, why do I think that is even possible?) that the theme for this rally is "harvest" and the food themes are "comfort foods"

dbylinski
09-27-2011, 02:37 PM
KISS = Keep It Simple and Sweet :)

How's That??? :p

Well your wiggle turned into a squirm but Success!!!

dieselsweetheart
09-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Gus, just don't forget about that little "valvy-whatchamacalit". You've already got the top of the line...nowhere to go now...

happycampernc
09-27-2011, 08:43 PM
We should be in Friday between 3 & 4.

kwolbeck
09-27-2011, 09:13 PM
We'll be there about 4 or 5 tomorrow, plan to sit out and watch everyone pull in Thursday and Friday. Anyone interested in me taking pictures?

Kevin

Hudson
09-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Okay, here is the agenda. It could change some as you guy point out typos, question things, etc. As you can see this agenda and this rally are mostly about enjoying some food and friendship. That is what the Rally In The Valley is all about. Please let me know what you think. Hopefully I will also figure out how to attach this agenda to the first/head post too...

P.s., rumor has it that Don & Cindy are coming too ... let's encourage them to join us!

boatto5er
09-28-2011, 11:35 AM
We'll be there about 4 or 5 tomorrow, plan to sit out and watch everyone pull in Thursday and Friday. Anyone interested in me taking pictures?

Kevin

Of course! We can use them later for blackmail, er - I mean in the Heartland Owners Gallery!

fordtech 2008
09-28-2011, 11:37 AM
hey hudson are we still planning a trip to the caverns?

Hudson
09-28-2011, 12:17 PM
As of this morning we are up to 16 sites booked. But we are also only a couple of days away from the rally. Even though we have not used all of our 20 allotted sites, the campground has taken back the unused sites. At this instant I think they still have at least one of those last four sites available.

That means if you want to go to this rally, you need to call Shulamit right now. Post it here or send me a PM here after you've gotten your reservation.

Remember that you won't get a site number until you arrive (well I have prelocated a couple of rigs, such as Gus). You know it's funny ... Shulamit specifically mentioned putting Kevin's rig in a spot that is about halfway down the flight line ... if I understood her correctly she did that "so he wouldn't bother anyone" and I'm kind of wondering, holy cow, does she *know* Kevin already?? :eek::D This is going to be interesting. (Don't worry Kevin ... I remember that site and it is a really good one but you probably won't have anyone else right next to you until Friday.)

And it looks like we are in for some outstanding Fall weather, perfect for stargazing and roaring campfires.

Hudson
09-28-2011, 01:00 PM
hey hudson are we still planning a trip to the caverns?
Good question. We weren't sure how many wanted to go to the caverns versus how many wanted to drive along Skyline Drive.

As for the caverns, if we can get 20 people who all want to go at the same time, then we can get a good group discount ($15.50 adults; $7.50 kids; cash only). Since the bulk of the rally time is booked up with the meals, that means the best time is between lunch & dinner on Saturday. Otherwise we have to do it outside of regular rally time (Friday daytime, Sunday afternoon) and I think that makes it harder to get 20 people since there will be fewer people. The good news is that unless the caverns get really crowded, we can probably make that decision on Friday afternoon once everybody is there. If we can't get 20 cash people at the same time, then we can have ad hoc groups but that is $23 per adult (the campground has ~$20 discount tickets I think).

As for Skyline Drive, we are entering the season of color changing. The season won't probably peak for another 2-3 weeks, but I'm looking out my window now and can see the colors starting to come out now (I can see about 10-20 miles but there is another mountain range between me and Skyline Drive so they might have even more colors). And one good cool night (which is expected Friday) could kick up the colors on Saturday. We will have our 7 passenger van so we could take a group up (plus we have the annual pass to get in free). But I still don't have a feel for whether the early arrivers/late stayers want to do that on Friday or Sunday instead of Saturday when it might be more crowded.

In other words, both of those are still on my tick sheet, but I figured I'd wait until I got there to start working those things out.

boatto5er
09-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Got the hitch back in the truck this evening, half packed. Should get out of here early afternoon tomorrow. See everyone there!

Hudson
09-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Got the hitch back in the truck this evening, half packed.
What about Debra? She feeling better?

We haven't even started getting the rig ready. We're still finishing up on putting all the packets together for everyone. And I just packed about 1/4 cord of wood into the truck so we can have lots of fireside fun. It's nice to live so close to the rally that the wood I get around here at full cord prices is also local wood. If we burn all that I'll go back to the house and get another 1/4 cord of wood. Unfortunately I can only fit 1/4 cord into the truck bed at a time even though it's an 8' bed. That darned hitch and aux diesel tank!

jbeletti
09-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Have fun in VA this weekend.

Jim

Hudson
09-29-2011, 10:27 AM
It's going to be perfect Fall weather. Friday will be absolutely gorgeous. Saturday & Sunday will be breezy with highs in the low to mid 50's. Overnight lows will dip below 40 on Saturday & Sunday nights.

This is wonderful weather for camp fires. Be sure to bring your sweaters, jackets, sweatshirts, and extra blankets.

It is not expected to freeze.

kwolbeck
09-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Pulled into this beautiful RV resort yesterday afternoon, very nice.

Woke up this morning to temps in the low 50's, light fog, about 45 minutes of light rain. What could be better, oh I know, how about enjoying it with about 30 or so fellow Heartlanders. Looking forward to this weekend.

Kevin

boatto5er
09-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Arrived this afternoon - wish I had my camera ready. We arrived at the same time as the Naigles - two white ford pickups pulling identical Landmark Grand Canyons. Good thing we're not on sites right next to each other. Could get confusing.:o Country ham, sausage, biscuits and coffee for early arrivers Friday morning. Good start for the fall rally. Definitely fall by the way. Temps forecast into the upper 40's tonight.

boatto5er
10-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Great looking rally group!

boatto5er
10-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Twins arrived at the rally simultaneously on Thursday afternoon (Funderburgs and Naigles-Landmark Grand Canyons pulled by white and gold Fords). Our triplet arrived Friday (Greens - Landmark Grand Canyon, but with a Ford F-550 hauler from Classy Chassis). Four Grand Canyons here all together (Wolbecks - Classic Landmark).

boatto5er
10-01-2011, 03:38 PM
The "Yurt" is a great gathering place.

porthole
10-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Great looking rally group!

Looks good!

jbeletti
10-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Love the rally pics! Great to see my friends - even if only in pics. Hi Kevin and Nelly! Great to see you back on the rally trail :)

Hope everyone had a great time. We had a great time here at the Branson, MO too.

Jim

boatto5er
10-02-2011, 12:54 PM
We are safely home. Still need to take the trailer out to my son's house for storage. Sorry we missed the folks who went to the Mimslyn Inn for brunch, but we needed to get rolling as Deb was starting to feel a little uder the weather again. I will try to get many pictures posted to the Heartland Owners Gallery later this evening if time permits. It was great seeing everyone - Deb and I really enjoyed the weekend, even with the up and down sickness. Hope to see everyone again soon. Look for a Spring 2012 Rally announcement in a couple of weeks.

boatto5er
10-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I posted rally pictures in the Heartland Owners Gallery - Rallies-2011-Virginia Fall (LINK (//heartlandowners.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=52104?g2_GALLERYSID=786eb89396e d83a2a39cb7f8270f318c))

chkwgn
10-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Chuck and I had a great time. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put it all together...Tracy you rock!
Jean

camperjohn08
10-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Great Pictures Gus .. Sorry we were not in attenance for this one, but I just don't like mountain climbing at 45 mph..We did have a nice get together with Pam & Jerry in Va beach and had one of our world famous fires also.. Can't wait to see where the spring rally is. But I gotta get my NorthTrail inspected before that.. UGH...

Vtxkid
10-03-2011, 06:06 PM
I posted rally pictures in the Heartland Owners Gallery - Rallies-2011-Virginia Fall (LINK (//heartlandowners.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=52104?g2_GALLERYSID=786eb89396e d83a2a39cb7f8270f318c))
All the pics were great Gus! Thanks for sharing! Looks like a real nice CG with a awesome view. Hope everyone gets home safe...

Hudson
10-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Thank you so much to everyone who attended the rally. Tracy and I had a great time hosting this event. I know it wasn't as laid back as the first Rally In The Valley but it sure was more laid back than the East Coast Luau so we are finding our center on this thing.

Thank you especially to everyone for helping out. So many of you did so many helpful things. Thanks for the big things like helping clean up the yurt to the seemingly smaller but also important things like letting me sit down and share a beer (or video game) kind of one-on-one.

I'm not sure we'll be at any other rallies before spring but we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

I want to keep having the Rally In The Valley every year ... about the same time of year. Almost everyone who expressed an opinion said they want to come back to Country Waye again next year. We'll keep Endless Caverns as a backup.

Oh, and if by any chance you decide to patronize any of the nice businesses who contributed to the rally, please thank them for their contribution. We only approached local businesses so these are people that should recognize our name. Tell them it was the Heartland RV Rally in Luray and use Tracy's name because they all know her by name now.

Hope everyone enjoyed the NC rally this weekend ... wish we could have been there because we *love* Crosswinds Family Campground.