• Number of sites held: 20
  • Site fee: $49 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20 per rig
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 10/1/2011
  • Potluck time: 6:00pm

------------------------------
  • Event Leader: Hudson(click to contact)
Additional Info:
------------------------------
2nd Annual "Rally In The Shenandoah Valley"

As of 9/28 we are 80% booked up

Okay folks, you enjoyed the weather, the amazing views, and the leaves changing at last year's Rally In The Shenandoah Valley. Well the Virginia Chapter is doing it again but even better. It's the same mountain views. It's the same beautiful sky -- except this time we'll be under wide open skies so there's no problem about getting satellite TV. And this time we won't be fit together in a jigsaw puzzle campground because Luray Country Waye has large flat open sites with much fewer trees. I really enjoyed touring this campground before deciding upon it.

There are a few things to know in addition to what's above.

• Call the campground to make your reservation. You will not be given a site number. They assign sites when you arrive. Every camp site is nice. I could park the Behemoth in any of these sites. If you want to be next to someone and you won't be arriving with them, then tell them that when you make your reservation.
  • They take a credit card to hold your reservation but not for payment. Pay by cash or personal check (how many places still take checks?)
  • The rally rate is 10% off of the rack rate shown above. All camp sites are the same price.
  • Golf Carts are not prohibited but they are strongly discouraged. I might not even bring mine. Trust me it won't be needed.
  • There will be an indoor pot luck on Saturday evening. Please bring main dishes, side dishes, desserts, drinks, etc.
  • The swimming pool will be closed that time of year.
  • The campground might have a pizza party ($) on Friday night. They installed a huge new wood-fired pizza oven but they don't know how late in the season they'll run it.
  • We will probably try to organize a trip to the famous Luray Caverns.
  • If the campground doesn't do pizza on Friday we will organize a group dinner outing.
  • There is a 100% chance that we're going to get some of you to go with us to the Sunday Brunch at The Mimslyn Inn.
  • There will not be a tee shirt for this rally but we are working on a special souvenir of a Rally In The Shenandoah Valley.
  • Tracy and I are planning a few special activities and any ideas are welcome.
And a special treat: You remember I said we're under wide open skies? I'm not exaggerating. The sky view is so impressive here that there will be an astronomy club camping there that weekend for their sky watching event. I've been told this club would love to show us the stars through their telescopes. In fact, I happen to own one of those high end telescopes myself and I'm planning on dusting it off for this event too.

As people sign up and announce their reservations in this thread, I will keep an updated attendees list on this post. If you signed up (and told me) before the "as of" date and you're not on the list, then send me another message because that means I don't have you down.

Signed up as of 9/27
Hudson & Tracy Hendren (Wagonmaster)
Gus & Debra Funderburg (Chapter Leaders)
Roger & Kelly Beasley
Mark & Lucia Burton
Ken & Marj Gallimore
Eric & Hallie Grubaugh
John & Mary Ann Proto
Jim & Harriet Dahlgren
Chuck & Jean Strub
David & Gloria Green
Richard & Virginia Naigle
Eric & Dorothy van Opstal
Kevin & Nellie Wolbeck
Don & Cindy Massengill
Tim & Beth Parker

Last edited:

camperjohn08

Nancy & I probably won't be attending this one.. Nice Camp Ground.. BUT with a 1/2 ton pick-up.. a 5.3 liter gas engine and small brakes.. We don't feel comfortable climbing another major mountain like the one we went over last year.. You all with Diesels, exhaust brakes and larger brakes.. will have no problem..
Safety First in MY Book..
John & Nancy

Vtxkid

Were trying to help fix this problem with John hopefully getting a new truck! :) Time will tell...

camperjohn08

I hate to admit it.. But I am looking at a 3500HD LTZ Silverado Dually myself..with Diesel of course.. (You know a 4 door truck with a Long bed and four rear wheels..UGG) also seeing what's out there in a SRW 3500HD Diesel also..not too many choices on the 2011 SRW though..especially in the LTZ series. Been offered a GOOD price for my Silverado.. BUT DO I WANT THOSE DARN PAYMENTS:confused:
I actually did the measurements the Dually would only be 12" longer than my extended cab long bed..instead of 20 1/2' it would be 21 1/2' ...But I could tow a nice toy hauler.. or another nice 5'er.. with it.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Now if we can get you both signed up for the Luray rally, we can have a show and tell there also!

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
camperjohn08;187240..But I could tow a nice toy hauler.. or another nice 5'er.. with it.[/QUOTE said:
Hey John, New truck new camper not a problem...We did it...it only hurts for a little while.

camperjohn08

Test drove the Dually today.. actually drove it to the house and "Parked" it in my garage.. "IT ACTUALLY FIT!!" But the salesman wouldn't let me keep it there without paying for it.. Darn.. Drove it back to the dealer.. BUT the numbers still aren't right..$$.. Having him look for a 3500HD SRW 4 door standard box 4x4 LTZ.. I loved the way the dually drove.. but am alittle concerned about the length..AT LEAST the dealer was nice enough to let me "Test Fit It" in my Garage..He almost fished me in...................................

Status
Not open for further replies.