With the angled corners anyone still use slider

I think if I go and buy a Sundance I would still want the slider hitch for my SB. Just nowing I would not have to worry at all this way. Anyone else do this?

RickNB

chipster

We have a SB and do not use a slider hitch have had no problems yet. As far as turning I can swing almost 90deg and if I go farther in degs the trailer is only goin sideways so its time to pull ahead and straighten up some. I realy think it is a personal preference if you feel safer with a slider then go with a slider. This may be a good time for others to tell us when they use there slider.

Have Fun
Rick

So that being said what is a good manual slider to get. In case anyone did not understand what I meant by slider, I meant the Pullrite Auto slider.

Is there one like the Pullrite that you can use underbed rail kits?

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Chipster
I have the Pullrite Super Slide. I drive a Chev 3500 dually with 8 foot bed. The sliding hitch was from my old truck and I did not want to invest in a new hitch. It works without even thinking about it, automatically. They are a little expensive but if it gives you peace of mind than it is worth it. It sure made me feel better pulling a 36 foot Carriage Cameo with the short bed.

vangoes

I have the 16K Drawtite slider and I usually use it when I back the unit into my driveway. It is not really needed, but for peace of mind I use it anyway; then I do not have to think about it. I have never seen the occasion that I really need the slider..........even backing into my sharp turn driveway after dark and I forgot to do the slider. For me, its peace of mind.............I never have to worry about a crunch. Besides, someday I may want to pull a unit that is not short bed friendly!

RugRat

Agree with Vangoes. I only use my slider when backing into the driveway and that is mostly peace of mind. Wanted to have it just in case I purchased another camper later on and negotiated it into the deal. I think the pullrite would be a little too expense just for my "peace of mind".

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have a slider on mine and have never used it. The Pullrite is a nice setup but very expensive, very heavy and a pain if someone else needs to tow your trailer. --Ken

JJAK17

I too have a slider hitch. As noted above I have it just in case I tow a trailer that "needs" the slider. I have not needed it but it is nice to know that I have it just in case.

I have a Pullrite 24k Super Slider (auto slider) hitch because I needed it for my previous 5th wheel. Especially for getting into my narrow driveway from my narrow street. My 3670 RL is on order and I guess I'll just keep the slider because I don't want to buy another hitch and also because I don't want to drill any more holes in my truck's frame.
Having said all that - if you want my slider you can have it for the price of a Pullrite non-slider (I think. I'll have to think some more about those holes in the truck frame).
I hate to throw in a cheap plug for anyone, but I'm sold on Pullrite hitches because of the locking mechanism. I have never felt safer when using this great hitch.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I have a Husky 16k Manual Slider. I needed it for my '94 Coachmen and used it often, especially when backing. I have pulled my 3670 once, bringing it home. Was able to pull in, turn and back the BH into the same spot the Coachmen was in, and didn't even come close to needing to move the slider. I will keep it, just because of the cost of replacing it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Warren, after trying to back our new coach into our back yard saturday with DW directing me behind the coach where I could not see her {normal} with out the slider I insisted on, I would not have been able to get it parked in the backyard. Once I moved the slider back, it turned quicker. Glad I was not talked out of the slider for our situation.

Forrest Fetherolf

Older,

I have a 16k slider, I have never used the slider and have made tight turns forward and backward. As a matter of fact, I replaced the 4 allen adjustment screws under the slider with bolts and tightened them as tight as possible. The result was.........one less clunk in the hitch pin from movement in the slide rollers. Now, the only clunk is in the yoke of the hitch pin. I will be installing plastic spacers between the yoke and base of slider to reduce or eliminate the noise during acceleration or deceleration.

Forrest

BJ'sDad

Everyone at the dealership told me I wouldn't need a slider with my shortbed Ram, but since I have a steep driveway that I have to back down to park my Sundance in the backyard, I decided to play it safe and get the 16K slider. It's a good thing I did, when I tried to back the 5er down the hill beside the carport (have a walk out basement) to put in on the pad next to my garage, the rear corner of the bed just barely kissed the bottom of the camper, I pulled forward, slid it back, then backed down the hill with no trouble.

If you have a 4x4 TV, a slider will save you from the same situation since 4x4 TV's normally have a bit less clearance over the bedrails than a 4x2 TV would pulling the same trailer.