portable air unit

steve01

In my 2009 3914 Cyclone I only have one air duct for the whole garage area. I bought a portable air unit to help cool it down. The unit is rated for 10.8 amps 115 volts. I am not sure if the wiring in the rv is 10/2 or could it be smaller. Does any one know the answer?

Jimmy

I doubt you have any 10-2 in the RV, check and see if you have any 30 amp breakers, if so you may have some 10-2, all you need for the 10.8 amps is at least 14-2, I would go with 12-2 to reduce resistance. 14-2 is good for 15 amps, 12-2 is good for 20 amps.

brianharrison

I have only seen 14/2 for 110V recepticles in RVs.

Take care,
Brian

edit: as a later poster noted; a dedicated 110V circuit for a factory prep washer/dryer may be larger than 14 gauge wire if its breaker is 20amp.

Last edited:

trvlrerik

My 09 3912 has #12 for the washer/dryer in the garage, If you are factory wired for a washer dryer it may be the same, but mine is only on a 20 amp breaker.

mountain1

I don't know anything about the numbers but I have had for over two years an AC in my garage that vents outside and the unit stays inside and it keeps my dogs real cool and have never had a problem. I also have a small beverage refrigerator back there and they both are on most times we travel.