Pocket Door Problem

While on my last trip, after arriving home, I found that the pocket door near the kitchen of my 2009 3400RL Big Horn was off of track on the rear (inside the wall) roller. I can't seem to get it back on the track, does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get it fixed? We had some pretty rough roads in Montana. Hope someone can help me on this one. thanks.

Richard of Idaho
2003 Duramax 2500 HD
Banks Power Pac
Banks Exhaust Brake

caissiel

The same thing happened to us on our first trip to Florida. The stop screw that is to small to stop the door at the rear of the pocket broke, and the rear rollers fell of the rail, caused from the jaring of the door against it. The first door roller close to you has to be removed from the door by flipping a white plastic clip and slide the rollers pin away from the clip, now the door can be swong sideways while the access to the derailed rollers will be accessible. The roller on the front can now be rolled pass the rail on the left side looking toward the kitchen. Now you will have to remove the rollers on the right side from the door and then reinstall it by inserting it in the same rail area as you just removed the left side rollers. Then install it to the door holder and repeat the same with the left side rollers

Now I feel you have no way to stop the door because the reason the door fell of the rails is the stopper that failed. I created a bumper stop with a 2 x 8 x 12" long that I had handy at the time and pushed it on the floor of the pocket till is it stoped at the back wall. I also tied a wire that I had in my toolbox at the time and now I can pull the stopper out anytime. But it has been working great for 2 years, so for me why waste a good thing.

Good luck, I never needed tools to reinstall the door, but had to put a screw on the stopper block to tie the wire. I feel that just pushing a stopper on the floor and using something later to pull it out might also work.

P.S. I just removed my door and puller the stopper out in order to check the lenght of the stopper and the procedure to repair. Now I am going back to install mine in again.

Just put the door back, tha stopper can be a piece of 2 x 4 as well but the door will deffinitly never fall off again as I tried to do mine by hitting hard and it is still good. I pushed the stopper with the door to the back and the door is just far enough to be able to grab the finger hole, its a little further back thae before but we like it like that, it makes the passage just a bit wider.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I had a 3400RL and my pocket door came off the track as well. But it was because I neglected to put the strap over the door. Oops. That is now on my check list.
Was yours strapped?
Not to worry, it's an easy fix as noted above.

Peace
Dave

caissiel

We had forgot to stap it on ours and the stopper screw broke off. Most SOB have a block at the end of the rail, mine had a small 1 1/4" screw.

Man, now that is what I call service. I am going to go right out there and get-er-done. I saw that little plastic clip, but was kind of afraid to mess with it, for fear of breaking it, then I would have had another problem. So again, thanks a lot for your help.
Richard of Idaho #1686