RV Wholesalers Extended Warranty questions

I am purchasing a Cyclone from RV Wholesalers in part from browsing all the excellent information I have found in this forum. I have waited too late I fear, but I have to make a decision next week on purchasing the extended warranty from RV Wholesalers - $3K for 5 years bumper to bumper and if you do not use it it is reimbursed after 5 years. If it is too good to be true it usually is. Has anyone had experience with this that would share your thoughts. Also they are also proposing tire insurance - 7 years for $500.

Thanks for any advice you might provide

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
tuckerandrichard, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. I would investigate an extended warranty through the Good Sam Club. They have a good reputation in the RV community. As for tire insurance? Read the fine print. Does it cover you anywhere? What are the exclusions? Usually aftermarket warranties through the dealers are a sales ploy for them to earn extra profit from. Some are good and some not so good.

pegmikef

I second what Ray said and you can buy the Good Sam warranty after the fact, not necessarily at the time you purchase your rig. I don't know anything about tire warranties.

Last edited:

jnbhobe

I buy extended warrantys from the manufacture only, all the after market ones have way too many hoops to climb thru. The biggest one is the pre-approval part, you have to cross your T's and dot your I's ahead of time. And as far as getting your $$$ back that is only if you don't use it for ANYTHING at all, and we all know things go wrong with rolling earth quakes. Think real hard about it and read the fine print. You also can buy an extended warranty at any time during the first year of ownership. As for the tire warranty, that seems like a lot of $$$$$ and it is more than likely pro-rated.

porthole

Retired
Years in the automotive field would lead me to only purchase an extended warranty if it was through Heartland, by Heartland, with Heartland's guarantee for repairs..

GOTTOYS

7 years of tire insurance for $500.00 to insure a $400.00 set of tires??? I totally agree with Porthole. I spent many years in the auto service business and would never buy any Service Contract from anyone but the manufacturer, if I bought one at all. $3,000 contract...your water heater element goes bad. You bring it in for a repair and never use the contract again. Cost of water heater element...$3,000. What do you think?..Don

FJRogers

I to am new to the forum, having just purchasing my Bighorn Fiver today! As for after market warranty programs that pay you back at the end. I have owned two of these warranties in the past one at full price the second I only paid the transfer fee. Both of these companies that my friend auto dealer sold me went out of business. I was able to transfer them both, however with the one I purchased outright my $500 refund flew out the window. Be careful who you buy from, the dealer makes a sweet commission on each contract he writes. I did benefit having mine do to a transmission change. I am going to go with a Good Sam package with my new rig. I hope to break even. I am 100 percent disabled and can't accomplish even the smallest repair. Being on a fixed income it is just a safety net for me. I know that my rig will be covered no matter if I have the money in the bank or not. I haven't made up my mind about the tire Insurence, but with Good Sam I can cancel the coverage if I decide it isn't working out. Good luck with your decision and remember if you break even with the coverage then it was worth it.

GOTTOYS

Cmon now Don, $400.00 set of tires. Don't think you have priced tires for your RV lately.
B.F. Goodrich Commercial LT. Bought the set for $676.00 after rebate, mounted and balanced one year ago. Yes, I do know what tires cost. Do you really think for a minute you would pay that much for the cheap junk that comes with your trailer? Last I heard Tredit Tire was giving a credit of $86.00 per tire to replace the originals...I still would not pay $500..for a tire tire warranty, especially one that's probably pro-rated.... JMHO..Don

I bought a five year warranty when I purchased our 2006 Bighorn. Had a few issues I had fixed under the Heartland warranty, paid for out of pocket or fixed myself. Mine had the money back guarrantee. My five years ran out in August so I sent in the paperwork for my money. Found out the guarantee was actually with a different company than the one with the warranty , which now appears be be gone and the contract was insured by an insurance company that is in liquidation. I am sending the documents to the liquidator but I suspect I am out of luck (and $1900). Never, nerver again,

tmcran

These things have more holes than swiss cheese. Use the money to buy some toys for your rig. JMO.