Refrigerator 3962, E1

larneal

We have suddenly started getting the E1 message on our frig. The manual says this has something to do with the gas sys. We turn it off and back on and it's ok for a while. Has anyone ever delt with this, and if so, what was the solution?

Larry & Gail Neal
2009 BH 3385RL
2007 Chevy Duramax/Allison Dually
Full Timers

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sorry Larry, no help from me. Our reefer only has a check light. I believe yours is still under warranty though. You might consider calling Dometic or your dealer.

ralphpam

That code was one of many problems we had with our 1350. As you have figured out, if you turn it off and back on it resets, but will come back on again. It is a gas hardware fault code, but in our case we had no gas hardware problem. When that is flashing it will not work in the gas mode. Dometic did not seem to know how to solve that and the other problems with ours. They replaced both boards and all the doors. Still had problems so after a year they gave up and gave me a new one. No more problems in over a year! I would find an authorized Dometic dealer and take it to them. Good luck and pack a lot of patience!

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Still had problems so after a year they gave up and gave me a new one. No more problems in over a year! I would find an authorized Dometic dealer and take it to them. Good luck and pack a lot of patience!

WHY CAN'T WE USE A NORCOLD UNIT THAT IS MADE IN THE USA AS I CAN'T SPEAK SWEDISH OR WHATEVER COMPANY THE DOMETIC JUNK IS MADE.