Remove Tv for Winter

We have our Bighorn on a seasonal spot in Northern MN. It will stay there year around. Our dealer told us it would be smart to remove the LED tv before winter or it might crack due to cold. Has anyone else been told this and is it necessary to do this? It looks like it would be a pain trying to remove and install every season. Thanks

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We left our TV in for 5 months over winter about 3 years ago. The next spring we had no picture, only sound. Also, the walkie-talkies we left in over winter would not hold charge. I don't know if it was the cold, but we do not take any chances. We remove the TV every winter.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I left our LCD TV's in the rig last winter while in storage. This spring, we had no picture, no sound, and no TV's. Thieves broke in and got 'em both. I won't be leaving them in again.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If I recall correctly, the Jensen LCD TV's can be left in the cold, but they need to be warmed back to 40 deg. F before turning them on. It should say in the manual, I think. Different manufacturers may have different temperature specs.

porthole

Retired
I have 3 flat screens in the trailer, all LCD, as in "liquid".
Don't know if they would freeze or not. But, it only takes a half hour or so to remove all three, pull all the remote batteries and put it all in the house basement. Just part of the end of season close up.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Mine has never been removed in the last five years and no problems. Generally all manufactures have a range of temps they list, most are in the -40 to 115 degree range. Just have to remember to never turn them on in freezing temps......Ken

Hey thanks everybody for your comments and suggestions. I'll look in the manual first at the temp. range and go from there. It might be a toss up on whether to leave in camper or tote it 700 miles home. Dave