Wet Bolts

I have a 2009 Big Horn with Equaflex suspension. I am going to install wet bolts. There are 10 bolts per side. One each at end of springs, two each in each shackel for a total of 4. Then in the Equaflex itself, there are 4 more bolts, 2 at the bottom side by side and two above them, one below the other. Do the ones in the Equaflex have bushings and do you change them out? If so, do you need 20 wet bolts and 20 bushings total, 10 per side?

olcoon

Gary,
I got the wet bolts installed while we were in Goshen. Didn't really look at them, as they were installed Tue, and as soon as they got done we hit the road for home. We got home Wed. afternoon & started getting to leave Fri. morning for our first work camping job, in CO. We just got here & settled in. I went & looked at them, and there is a wet bolt everyplace you talked about. But if I'm not mistaken, they all came in a kit.

Sally & I really enjoyed meeting & visiting with you all at the Rally!

Roy

MC9

I found the best place to get the wet bolt kit is from Trailair (equaflex). She will tell you how many and how long. If you use the 1/2 in. shackles some of the bolts need to be longer. They are nice people to deal with.

aatauses

Give trailair a call and talk to Kara--she has helped me a lot and the customer service has been great. ----She returned a call on a Saturday to ask how she could help me!!!! I also chatted with one of the tech's---Ron who was also very helpful.
al

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This may have been answered before, but if you've installed the wet bolt kit yourself, is it difficult or require special tools?

No, I have not done this before but I have all the tools needed for the job. For the last week, I have been waiting for Heartland to fix my rig. I have talked to several people that gave me information on how it's done. Also have looked at it in depth and since I have done a lot of repairs on my cars, it may take a little while but I feel comfortable doing it. The reason I was asking about bolts, nuts & so forth, I bought the wet bolts from Lippert and there wasn't the right number of bolts, bushings & nuts supplied. I talked to Kelly at Lippert today & I am going over there tomorrow to get the extra ones needed.