delaminating

wal_mart

My 2010 3100es has delaminated under the window of the couch slide. Since i am out of warranty, I sent pictures to dealer, I wonder if anyone knows if I can get a cutout from one of the windows to make a panel.

Attachments

• delaminating.JPG
    delaminating.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 304

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think your best bet is body work. You might need to check the window frame for potential leakage. That looks like it may be from water intrusion based on it's location under the window frame, near a drain port.

wal_mart

It was. Whoever installed the window didn't notice the black rubber seal had fallen. The caulk around the top had failed.I removed the window, relocated rubber gasket,recaulked top, now I would like to fix the side.

Last edited:

wal_mart

First sundance was delaminated so bad i could only trade for similiar. Now I understand THOR may be the parent company.

Last edited:

wal_mart

The dealer did and sent pictures I had sent them. All I got back was out of warrenty, same answer we had on the 2008 mk we had. Our camper in Florida has never done this. I suspect water gets in and freezes, causing large bubbles.

Last edited:

cantwait

Wal-Mart; to have that bad an area of delamination the window had to have been leaking for quite some time, and should have been visable before it went our of warrenty. Yes water leaking in and then freezing is what causes delamination like yours. Push the issue with Customer Service. Did you take pics of the seals out of place and document the reseal of the windows?

wal_mart

No i didn't, never thought of doing that. I think i may put a fake door there simiiar to a gas tank door, or as ray suggested do a little body work, if there is a backing before i hit foam.

wal_mart

Had a collision shop look at today to get an estimate and get their opinion. They see no easy fix except replace side. They are afraid whatever they try won't look correct and will effect value when we trade. I give up.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Don't give up...too much invested! Frustrating indeed but surely something can be done. I would be looking at marine fiberglass repair places. I know we have a guy in our area (Dr. Glass) that can do amazing things on boat repairs! Maybe a similar place near you can do the same on a RV.

Best Wishes!

Ouch on the delamination, So far I have pulled 3 windows on my sundance and re-set the foam rubber seal around the window to where it should have been in the first place. None of the seals were applied correctly. The corners especially were stretched to tightly and caused the seal to lay in the wrong place and not work properly. I have been able so far to lift the old seal off the frames slowly without damaging any of them and then re-apply them in the proper place. I also have sucessfully repaired some smaller delamination spots using Gorilla Glue but based on the picture I saw your delamination has gotten to the point you definitely need to have it repaired by a professional unless you feel comfortable tackling a project of this magnitude. Good Luck

wal_mart

I was hoping heartland would help, I can't believe I am only one with delaminating on two sundances that are in the north where freezing occurs.

SBHOLMAN

I have a 2008 3300SK with the same problem under my sofa window. The main thing is I would like to stop the leak and then check on the fiberglas repair.Obviously this is a installation problem. Any ideas on how to repair,ie; caulk,new seal,or reset window.

Steve Holman
Sundance 3300SK
2000 F250 Turbo

wal_mart

Remove the window, the seal may just be out of area it is suppose to be. I repositioned it and applied butyl rubber sealant, then recaulked. Problem I may have created is the window will be hard to remove to fix fiberglass.You probably should have fiberglass fixed while window is out.

wal_mart

I decided to tackle delaminating myself. When i cut out the area, just went deep enough to remove the plastic. It removed fairly easy. I was surprised to see the delamination was the plywood, i expected to see the plastic coming away. It is still wet under after months of repairing the window seal. If anyone has similar problem i suggest getting it opened up.

Attachments

• 100_2258.JPG
    100_2258.JPG
    679.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_2257.jpg
    100_2257.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited: