PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: RV.net Rally: TX, Kerrville - 2/16/2012 to 02/19/2012

jbeletti
06-25-2011, 10:26 PM
2885 Goat Creek Road, Kerrville, TX 78028
Venue:
------------------------------

Buckhorn Lake RV Resort
2885 Goat Creek Road
Kerrville, TX 78028
Mention "Sweetheart Rally" 800-568-6458
http://buckhornlake.com (http://buckhornlake.com/)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee:
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee:
Details:

Number of sites held: tbd
Site fee: $tbd - Rally Rate (ask for it!) per night
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: tbd
Potluck time: 6:00 PM - bring your own meat, drinks and dish to share

Event Leader: tbd
Additional Info:
Join Heartlanders and many other brand owners for the annual RV.net Sweetheart Rally at beautiful Buckhorn Lake RV Resort.

Here are the steps to join this rally:
Contact Buckhorn Lake RV directly to reserve a site for the rally in the rally area (phone and URL above)
Visit the Rally Website (link (http://rvrally.net/)), click on the Information Page link on the left. Fill out all the info there and submit it
If desired, follow the conversation about this rally on the rally thread on RV.net (tbd)

jbeletti
06-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Rally site link added to bullet 2 in additional info at bottom of post 1. The site will be updated by the rally organizer as it gets closer to rally time.

jbeletti
08-17-2011, 10:01 AM
While the registration website site will not be taking rally registrations until October, I was able to make reservations with Buckhorn for an RV site during the rally period.

This campground usually sells out in February. If you are considering making this RV.net Sweetheart rally, please consider calling the campground today to reserve your site. They did not take a deposit from me either - so that gives you a lot of flexibility.

Nancy and I are arriving at Buckhorn from Mission, on Feb 13 and are staying for 7 nights, leaving Feb 20.

When rally registration opens (site link (http://www.rvrally.net)), we will register for:
1. The rally
2. The Sweetheart dinner
3. The Rockbox show*

* This show was fun when we were there in Feb 2010. We took the bus that time but we will sign up without the bus option this time as we plan to go to Fredericksburg early that day, walk around the quaint and kitchy shops and have lunch before the show.

See y'all there!

Jim

jayc
08-17-2011, 10:25 AM
We'll be there too. Wouldn't miss it!

mmomega
09-14-2011, 12:26 AM
We may end up at this one as well, just have to run it by the DW and see what our schedule is going to be like.

jbeletti
09-14-2011, 06:18 AM
We may end up at this one as well, just have to run it by the DW and see what our schedule is going to be like.

Hope to see you there JD and Glenda.

mmomega
09-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Well the DW gave the go-ahead, just going to run it by some of our other camping friends because they may be interested. If all's good I'll make all the reservations tomorrow even if they don't come we'll show up. Sounds like it'll be a blast.

Any reason for Glenda to go back to Fredricksburg she's all over it.

artsbighorn
10-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Jan and I are in Fredericksburg,Tx. now and will be until mid May.I'm working in the park office,FBG Rv Park.Maybe we can drive down there for this. If you need info about FBG. call me at 605-988-4712

Art

Terry H
10-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Carol and I will be there. We made reservations last week.

cookie
10-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Just to let you know, the Rv.net Rally site is now taking reservations for the 10th Aniversary Sweetheart Rally. You can do it RIGHT HERE (http://rvrally.net/). Click on Information Page.
This is only rally registration and you must make your camp site reservation with Buckhorn Lake Resort (http://www.buckhornlake.com/) on your own.
See you there.

Peace
Dave

jayc
10-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the info Dave, but unfortunately we're not going to be able to make it after all. We've accepted a camp-hosting job at Caddo Lake in north east Texas from February 12-April 15th so we will miss everyone and know you will have a great time.

jbeletti
11-04-2011, 11:18 AM
We are in! The Belettis are coming. The site shows us as a NO for RockBox - but we are a YES. We are driving into Fredericksburg late morning. We'll have lunch there and walk around the shops before the show.

I see as of today, there are 29 rigs registered with 7 of them Heartlanders. That's 24%. Nice number. C'mon Heartlanders - check this rally out if it works out for you. It's a nice time.

Jim

Lulmer
11-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Hello Heartlander's I have updated the Rally Website (http://www.rvrally.net) also check out RV.net
(http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/25531125.cfm)

kwolbeck
11-08-2011, 05:46 PM
We have called Buckhorn Lake as well as filled out the rally information sheet. Should be enough to confirm our plan to be there. We are looking forward to our second year at the Sweetheart Rally.

For anyone considering this rally, don't wait to long to make the call, this campground does fill up during this time frame.

Kevin & Nelly

TXBobcat
11-08-2011, 10:52 PM
We will be there also. We will arrive on Feb 13th and leave on the 20th.

Hope to see you all there..

BC

jbeletti
11-27-2011, 12:19 AM
I looked at the website for this rally. There are 38 rigs registered. Eight of them are Heartlands. There are only 2 sites remaining. Go ahead Heartland, snap them up and join us in the Hill Country of the great state of Texas. Click here to view the website for this rally (http://rvrally.net/). Register by contacting Buckhorn to make your site reservations, then complete the rally registration for at the rally web site.

Jim

mmomega
12-07-2011, 02:21 AM
I messed around waiting on another couple to reserve with me and I missed out completely...crappety crap crap.

cookie
12-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Well, they do have a waiting list. Get on it. There are always cancellations for one reason or another.

Peace
Dave

mmomega
12-07-2011, 10:53 PM
On the list, hoping we luck up and get a spot.

shovelguy
12-15-2011, 09:22 AM
We will be there, from the 13th to the 18th, maybe longer. See you all there. d&j

jayc
12-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Dean and Jodi, I wish we could make this one because its always fun.

tommckee
12-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Traveling after the first of the year, if intrested how do we get info on Kerrville ralley, location, prices etc. Traveling from (got to get outta the rain) Oregon. This is my first post as a member. Any info will be appreicated, thanks. Tom

jayc
12-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Tom, contact the park ASAP and you can get on the waiting list. Its a great rally to go to.

Good luck!

cookie
12-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Traveling after the first of the year, if intrested how do we get info on Kerrville ralley, location, prices etc. Traveling from (got to get outta the rain) Oregon. This is my first post as a member. Any info will be appreicated, thanks. Tom
Tom, welcome to the forum. I would go to the rally website and register. There you will get on the waiting list. http://rvrally.net/
If you can make it, it is a great rally.

Peace
Dave

danemayer
01-31-2012, 03:17 PM
We just signed up - Buckhorn said we got the last spot.

jayc
02-01-2012, 12:43 PM
You're luck, because its a great rally. Wish we were going!

mmomega
02-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Well whatdoyaknow, I lucked up and ended up getting a spot after all. We'll be coming in Thursday evening, have to work that morning and hopefully leaving early afternoon. We have another camping couple coming along, I'm still trying to work them into a HL but he said having a paid off trailer is better than having another payment at the moment.... I hate when people make sense. :) See ya'll there.

TXBobcat
02-06-2012, 07:45 AM
JD & Glenda
Hope you went to the Rally site (http://www.rvrally.net/) and registered as well as calling Buckhorn.

BC

jbeletti
02-06-2012, 09:34 AM
More Heartlanders at this rally - woohoo!

Jim

TXBobcat
02-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Well we are here at Buckhorn a week early. We were going to just run around for a week but found out we could stay here an extra week a lot cheaper than a few other parks in the area.

If your around drop in and say. You will see me when you enter the park.

BC

mmomega
02-07-2012, 11:55 PM
JD & Glenda
Hope you went to the Rally site (http://www.rvrally.net/) and registered as well as calling Buckhorn.

BC

I did, I was on the waiting list for a little while and they called my DW to ask her if we still wanted a spot. Went back on the site and re-entered our info, I just haven't sent them a pic to put on the Rally site. I hate procrastination...:angel:

HeartLanders Unite

TXBobcat
02-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Glad to see your going to make it. We are in Site#6015 which is on the left when you enter the park.

Incase some of you have not been here before this is a nice place. Here is a photo I took as we were leaving last year.

BC

mmomega
02-08-2012, 12:36 AM
We haven't been there before but the couple coming with us has but it's been at least 5 yrs ago and they said even then it was real nice.
We're going to miss the Thursday night Meet and Greet, just depends on when DW can get off of work. Most likely be early evening when we pull in.

We'll be doing the restaurant Fri and dinner Sat night but may end up heading into Fredricksburg either Friday morning or early Sat just because we need to leave out Sunday so we get back in enough time to unload and get ready for Monday. Luckily it isn't too far for us to travel.

olcoon
02-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Just found out that we made the list! See y'all there!

jbeletti
02-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Way to go Roy. I just saw your name on the list (http://rvrally.net/attendees_2012.htm). 12 Heartlanders now make up 28% of the attendees at this RV.net rally.

Jim

jbeletti
02-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Nancy and I made a couple of changes yesterday to our rally registration. First, we were told that most of the shops in Fredericksburg are closed on Sunday. We were planning to walk the shops before Rock Box, so we were planning to drive ourselves. We're now planning to "take the bus" with most of the group.

The other change we made was to signup for the Valentines Day dinner and show. We took $22 seating as I preferred chairs that faced the stage rather than having to turning our chairs around.

Here's our plan thus far:

Monday:
Arrive early afternoon

Tuesday:
Considering a day trip to Fredericksburg, TX for lunch and shops. Leave around 11 am - anyone interested?
6:00 Valentine's Dinner at CG
7:00 Valentine's Show at CG

Wednesday:
Considering a day trip to Stonewall, TX to tour LBJ Ranch and House ($2). If time and energy allow, we may continue down the road to Johnson City to visit the Johnson Settlement. Anyone interested?

Thursday:
4:30 Meet and Greet (just show up)
6:00 T-Bone Dinner for 2 at the CG (requires signup)
7:30 Cards and Games in rally hall (we're not card players, but we'll hang out for a while)

Friday:
4:30 Leave as a group to Kerrville for dinner at Mamacita's

Saturday:
8:00 - 9:30 Breakfast at CG (ala carte menu)
10 - Noon Craft Show / Tables in rally hall (Nancy will have a Mary Kay table setup there)
6:00 Sweetheart Dinner at CG

Sunday:
1:00 Bus Leaves for Rock Box Show in Fredericksburg
6:30 Potluck at CG - bring side dish to share and own meat to grill

Monday:
Leaving by checkout time

jbeletti
02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Comment for Heartlanders at the Sweetheart Rally

Hey Heartlanders,

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone next week. Hope you're feeling the same way!

Some of you have been coming to this rally for several years now. This is my 3rd year. I think it's Jim and Bette McGee's 10th year!

Anyway, a comment was made to me recently (by another Heartlander) that in past years, some non-Heartland owners at the Sweetheart rally felt the Heartlanders sort of kept to themselves as a group. I feel this is human nature to want to hang out with your pals and those who you have a deeper connection with (same brand, friendship etc.). But I do understand the comment.

And for 2012, we've somehow managed to comprise the highest (28%) same-brand of attendees at this rally, and while we'll have plenty of time to meet each other, hang out together etc., I'd like to ask each of you to please make a concerted effort to meet, greet and get to know non-Heartland attendees during this rally. Not in an effort to win them over to our brand - that sort of thing happens anyway :) Rather, to show others how friendly we are and truly to meet and befriend more RVers. You never know, you just might make a great new friend!

Thanks and let's have some fun!

Jim

talley
02-08-2012, 10:16 PM
This year would have also been our third year at the Sweetheart Rally. Really feeling bad about having to cancel our trip and not being able to join in on this fun rally. Will miss visiting with our non-heartland friends (great folks), but hope our place was taken by another Heartlander; keeping up the representaton. Great place to learn Mexican Train Dominos and will miss the friendly game of Texas Hold 'em. Great food, friends and activities. Already getting excited about next year. Meanwhile looking forward to Texas chapter rally at Spring. Hope everyone has a great time and safe travels.

Jerry and Diane Talley

TXBobcat
02-08-2012, 10:55 PM
This year would have also been our third year at the Sweetheart Rally. Really feeling bad about having to cancel our trip and not being able to join in on this fun rally. Will miss visiting with our non-heartland friends (great folks), but hope our place was taken by another Heartlander; keeping up the representaton. Great place to learn Mexican Train Dominos and will miss the friendly game of Texas Hold 'em. Great food, friends and activities. Already getting excited about next year. Meanwhile looking forward to Texas chapter rally at Spring. Hope everyone has a great time and safe travels.

Jerry and Diane Talley

Please contact the Mr. Ulmer so he won't be stuck with charges for things ordered and maybe he can get someone to take your place. Mr. Ulmer has ordered a number of things out of his pocket, such as shirts, hats and tickets for things such as the Rock Box.

Really was looking forward to seeing you again. Hope your not having a serious problem. Let me know how your doing.

BC

talley
02-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Bob, we cancelled a couple of weeks ago and I spoke with Larry Ulmer. Did have a sweatshirt ordered and he is supposed to mail it to me (will make it right so he is not out anything). Don't want to miss out on a good sweatshirt that takes off the chill on fishing trips this time of year. After we talked a couple of weeks ago about a visit when you left Livingston, we did get some discouraging medical report. Last week we went to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston after local lab report identified a problem area. Diane had additonal medical test while at MDACC, but we have not received any additional information. Prayers would be appreciated. Hope to see you at the rally at Rayford Crossing. Thanks for the concern.

Jerry and Diane

Please contact the Mr. Ulmer so he won't be stuck with charges for things ordered and maybe he can get someone to take your place. Mr. Ulmer has ordered a number of things out of his pocket, such as shirts, hats and tickets for things such as the Rock Box.

Really was looking forward to seeing you again. Hope your not having a serious problem. Let me know how your doing.

BC

TXBobcat
02-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Thank you for letting us know.. We will keep you in our prayers.

BC

jmgratz
02-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Bob, we cancelled a couple of weeks ago and I spoke with Larry Ulmer. Did have a sweatshirt ordered and he is supposed to mail it to me (will make it right so he is not out anything). Don't want to miss out on a good sweatshirt that takes off the chill on fishing trips this time of year. After we talked a couple of weeks ago about a visit when you left Livingston, we did get some discouraging medical report. Last week we went to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston after local lab report identified a problem area. Diane had additonal medical test while at MDACC, but we have not received any additional information. Prayers would be appreciated. Hope to see you at the rally at Rayford Crossing. Thanks for the concern.

Jerry and Diane

Hi Jerry,
Sorry to hear about the disheartening medical news. We will keep yall in our prayers. Since we have been there and done that and even got the MDA t-shirt if you need any advice or anything let us know. The best place to stay (in our opinion)
while 'doing the MDA thing' is Lakeview RV Park at South Main and Hiram Clark. Jim, the manager, keeps a close watch on the park and they give a medical discount and have a free shuttle to the Medical Center. It is gated and a safe place to stay. Most those staying there are there for medical reasons. We stayed there for 5 months while undergoing treatment and stay there every time we go back for checkups. MOF (matter of fact) we will be there again in May for my next checkup. Take care and God bless.

talley
02-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Jim, we had stayed at Lakeview RV several years ago when my sister-in-law was at MDA. I also knew that you had stayed there while receiving treatments. In anticipation of starting treatments we had tried to get reservations there, but the stock show and rodeo has all the sites tied up. We finally found a site at the Marina Bay RV Resort in Kema. Bit of a drive to the TMC, but on the other hand a nice area to spend time visiting. We still do not have a treatment but of course are hoping for the best outcome. As I am sure you know, we are very concerned and want "something"done right now! Thanks for your offer and look forward to a visit where some positive outcomes can be shared.

Jerry & Diane

TXBobcat
02-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Well we had a bit of a change in climate here. I only see one Bighorn here, which is staying up by the Office.

Hopefully it will warm up soon.

BC

2psnapod2
02-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Bob, we may not have any of that white stuff here in Alabama, but I sure know what you mean by, "Hopefully it will warm up soon".

shovelguy
02-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Happily set up here at Buckhorn. 64 degrees, sun and blue sky right now. Lovely. d&j

mmomega
02-14-2012, 01:03 AM
Last I checked it was supposed to be in the 60's during the day and 40-high 30's at night this weekend in Kerrville. We had some of the white stuff last night too up here in DFW, it wasn't nearly as bad as they were initially saying.

Are there any fire rings at the spots? Most of E.Tx if finally out of the burn ban and a good campfire at night would be nice on those chilly nights.

Terry H
02-14-2012, 01:25 AM
J.D.,

I arrived today and did not see any fire rings at the sites. The campground rules rules state " No Open Ground fires at any time. Fires in approved containers only."
If you have a portable fire "pit" please call the campground at 1-800-568-6458 and find out if it is an approved container.

Tonight about 8 of us sat in a climate controlled meeting room for 2-3 hours and had "campfire" discussions.

mmomega
02-14-2012, 03:02 AM
J.D.,

I arrived today and did not see any fire rings at the sites. The campground rules rules state " No Open Ground fires at any time. Fires in approved containers only."
If you have a portable fire "pit" please call the campground at 1-800-568-6458 and find out if it is an approved container.

Tonight about 8 of us sat in a climate controlled meeting room for 2-3 hours and had "campfire" discussions.

I don't have a pit anymore, oh well I was just wondering. I appreciate the info Terry.

jbeletti
02-14-2012, 08:55 AM
We arrived around 11:45 AM yesterday. We were followed by Kevin/Nelly and Terry/Carol.

Part of the rally group went out last night for seafood and part of us went out for Italian.

Heading to Fredericksburg about 11 am today to sightsee/shop and have lunch.

Terry - I carry a fire pit.

Jim

danemayer
02-14-2012, 08:44 PM
See you all tomorrow (Wednesday) early afternoon.

olcoon
02-14-2012, 09:12 PM
We'll be there tomorrow also. Can't wait!

jbeletti
02-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Had a great day today. Nelly made her 6-week muffin mix and invited any and all, over to their place for muffins this morning. Yum yum!

8 of us went to Fredericksburg today. Spent some time at Opa, a local smokehouse and got some meat and such. Then had lunch at Andy's. Excellent chicken fried steak! Then, time for some shopping. In maybe 2 or 3 hours, we walked the length of 2 long blocks, going in and out of shops. Nice time just lazily ambling around. Even saw a pygmy goat wearing a denim skirt and a diaper! A real goat! He was being walked by a young woman, using the goat to draw attention to a charity she's collecting funds for. Took some pics of the goat (check my Facebook page) and gave her 5 bucks for her cause.

Tonight, many of the rally attendees and a lot of town-folk (maybe 150 people in total) joined Buckhorn in their Red Barn for a Valentine's dinner and show. Really nice time!

Cookie (Dave and Mary) rolled in today. As did Cookie's brother Reg (convert) and his wife Nancy. Jim and Bette McGee rolled in too, as did a good many other attendees that I don't know.

Great to see others posting in this thread that are on their way, planning to join us tomorrow. Kevin, Nelly, Nancy and I are planning to head to Stonewall, TX, east of Fredericksburg to tour the LBJ Ranch and House. Probably head out mid-morning. Anyone want to join us?

Jim

jbeletti
02-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Another great day in Hill country. More Heartlanders arrived as well.

Nancy and I, Kevin and Nelly, and Dave and Mary went to Stonewall, TX and toured LBJ Ranch and Home. On the way back to Kerrville, we stopped in Fredericksburg and had burgers for dinner at a restaurant called Hondo's. Good stuff.

Back at the campground, Terry and Carol hosted a dessert gathering at their RV. I counted at least 18 people "in" their RV. Most of us standing, eating some great desserts and visiting.

Jim

olcoon
02-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Well, we finally​ arrived & looking forward to the fun!

jbeletti
02-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi Roy and Sally!

Hey Heartlanders,

Friday morning around 9:30 am at Kevin and Nelly's site (6060), we are having a brunch consisting of Nelly's Bran Muffins with yummy mix-ins and I'm making sausage gravy and biscuits. Maybe some bacon too.

Anyone is welcome to join us. We'll have plates, napkins and flatware. Bring a smile and a drink. Depending on the turnout, we'll likely be standing in and out of the RV - so pretty informal.

Feel free to bring anything to share, though it's not required.

Jim

jayc
02-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Roy,
We're glad you finally made it. We're up here in north east Texas in the fog while y'all are having so much fun in Kerrville.

olcoon
02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Dog gone Jay, now how can I enjoy the rally & have fun, knowing that Stella is cracking the whip making you take care of the Honey Do list? I probably won't even be able to eat now!!! Oh well, guess I'll make the best of it! It was good meeting you, see ya in Gillette!

jayc
02-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks Roy. Try to have some fun in Kerrville. We're getting settled in here but missing everyone. It won't be that long until Gillette.

mmomega
02-16-2012, 08:54 AM
We'll be headed out towards Kerrville in about 5 hrs, or about 1pm. Hopefully DW can get off earlier than that. I just have some minor things to put in the RV and she's ready to roll. I sure wish my new rear suspension setup would've come in already....oh well.
I'm guessing around 6pm is when we should be pulling in at the park.

jbeletti
02-16-2012, 09:03 AM
JD,

Put your process in high gear to leave by 11 am and you can make it here by 4 to join us for the meet and greet at 4:30 :)

Jim

mmomega
02-16-2012, 09:59 AM
It would be nice if we could make it happen like that. Glenda still has to make her appearances this morning and meetings til lunch but I know we're ready to just get there and let the vacationing begin. Besides, it give me time to wash the truck :)

olcoon
02-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Friday morning around 9:30 am at Kevin and Nelly's site (6060), we are having a brunch consisting of Nelly's Bran Muffins with yummy mix-ins and I'm making sausage gravy and biscuits. Maybe some bacon too.

Sounds good Jim, we'll be there!

jbeletti
02-16-2012, 11:03 AM
...Glenda still has to make her appearances this morning and meetings til lunch...

Meetings and appearances - is she on a speaking tour?

Travel safe and see you later.

Jim

mmomega
02-16-2012, 12:19 PM
President of the Chamber of Commerce, close enough to a speaking tour

mmomega
02-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Well looks like its going to be a little after 8 pulling in. Rather late start and now everyone is hungry so we stopped in Marble Falls. We'll get there

jbeletti
02-17-2012, 08:58 AM
President of the Chamber of Commerce, close enough to a speaking tourI guess so :)

jbeletti
02-17-2012, 09:01 AM
Another great day in Texas yesterday. We stuck around the campground all day for the most part. Highlights of the day, besides hanging our with our friends...

Made up a huge batch of sausage gravy and biscuits and 4 pounds of bacon - all for a breakfast this morning that Kevin/Nelly and us are hosting for the rally.

Went to the rally Meet and Greet, followed by the T-Bone dinner. A 32 ounce T-Bone! For 2 people :) Then spent hours playing Mexican Train Dominoes. Lots of fun.

Jim

jbeletti
02-18-2012, 12:29 AM
Another rally day done. The breakfast the the Wolbecks and us hosted was great. We had at least 35 rally attendees show up, then a few more after we'd packed up. It was raining this morning, but we were allowed to move the breakfast into the rally hall. Worked out great.

After breakfast, Terry H and I took a ride into town. Walked through Tractor Supply, then through Gibson's Discount Store. Saw rally attendees at both places :)

The campground threw a Margarita open house for rally attendees, and that was very well attended.

A huge bunch of attendees loaded up and headed for Kerrville at 4:30 to eat at Mamacitas. Another great meal! JD and Glenda, was that your group seated last, right behind us? I had no idea that was you. Sorry for our ill manners.

Then this evening, 16 of us played Mexican Train Dominos in the rally hall with several others visiting or spectating. Kevin W won at our table. Fun times!

It rained here, off and on most of the day but you'd never know it by the rally spirit displayed. Well attended events and lots of smiles.

Another big day planned tomorrow.

Jim

jbeletti
02-18-2012, 03:08 PM
For those who asked for it, here's Nelly Wolbeck's Six Week Muffins recipe (PDF attached).

Jim

jbeletti
02-19-2012, 09:00 AM
A rainy day yesterday eventually turned decent :)

The day started out with a breakfast put on by the campground. Good stuff.

After breakfast, the craft show began in the barn. Several rally attendees had tables.

Then it was "let the games begin" :) We had a couple of tables of dominoes going.

Some of us helped other Heartlanders do some mods in their RVs.

Evening brought dinner in the barn and man was it good. BBQ ribs, chicken and brisket.

It ended up being the most attended evening for games too. I counted 6 tables playing dominoes. Our table finished up around 11:40 - again! Fun times.

Jim

mmomega
02-19-2012, 10:11 AM
That was the slow quiet table, I barely even remember you all in the room...:cool:

jbeletti
02-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Oh you are too kind JD and Glenda. I think most of us were pretty hoarse by the end of the night. You guys were at the Pro table. Very quiet and focused.

Jim

olcoon
02-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Well, I guess all good things must come to an end. Sally & I really enjoyed ourselves. I ain't had this much fun since.... even though my Mexican Train always seemed to be derailed! I guess we now are labeled part of the "rowdy Heartland crowd"! Here is a photo of the rowdy table of Mexican Train Dominos.

jbeletti
02-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Well, asRoy said, all good things must end :( As I type this, we are packing up the inside of the RV. We'll be heading out at 9 am, following Terry and Carol to Dallas to squat in their driveway and go out for seafood :)

Yesterday was a lot of fun. Nelly had some muffin mix leftover, so she made muffins in the rally hall for breakfast until supplies ran out. Yum, yum.

Terry help me do some RV maintenance yesterday and before we knew it, it was time to load the bus for Fredericksburg.

Taking Buckhorn's bus to shows and events is the way to roll. Once in Fredericksburg, we were entertained at Rock Box. I think the show was even better than last year.

Once back at the CG, it was time to make our potluck dishes. 6:30 signaled the beginning of the feed. Around 80 people crammed into the rally hall for the rally potluck meal. Lots of great food.

After dinner, 5 tables of Mexican Train Dominoes broke out. Kevin and I led the rowdy table, ably assisted by Roy/Sally, Dave H and Terry H. Fun times.

We think this was the best Sweetheart Rally we've been too. Not that the rally did anything different. But knowing more people (24 Heartlanders) really makes the difference. And we made many new non-Heartland friends too.

Hat's off to Larry Ulmer, Jim McGee, Terry Nance, Glenn and others who worked hard to plan and coordinate the 10th consecutive RV.net Sweetheart Rally.

And I'd be remiss in not mentioning that Heartland was pleased to be a sponsor of this rally.

See ya next year!

Jim

cookie
02-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Well the Sweetheart Rally Crew did another great job. Thank you.
And I gotta agree, this was the best one yet.
See y'all next year.

Peace
Dave