winegard st8000 issues?

yepuhuh

We recently had Dishnetwork installed in the house and it is a vip722k DVR receiver.
I for the life of me could not get this to work in the 5th wheel.

I can hear the dish on top move around like it is locking in, but nothing comes upp on the tv screen.

Furthermore, I have no clue how this dish is wired into the rv. i went up top and set the dip switched for dishnetwork and saw two lines running down into the camper.

Where the swich box to turn it on looks like one wire is coming through where the dish wires) are coming thru the roof into the box with the switch, then another wire is leaving the switch box going somewhere but I can't tell.

Any ideas? I can provide pictures later.......

I'm thinking it is because of the receiver? It is not compatible with the winegard dish system.

porthole

Retired
I just pulled my wall plate off to try out my new Winegard signal strength plate.

Noticed that I don't even have sat wiring on the plate. So much for "wired from the factory"

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If it's anything like a DTV receiver you might have to go through the receivers set up program and change the dish type. Who did the install on the roof top dish? They may have better insight and I assume should have tested the system. I'm kind of grabbing at straws here. I have Direct and have to do a new set up every time we move. It's during that set up that the dish type selection comes in to play. I use a portable tri pod though so I know nothing about the roof top dishes. I hope you get it up & running.

danemayer

In the UDC, above the water connections, there are 4 coax connectors for satellite. One pair for the living room receiver and another pair for the bedroom receiver. The right hand connector of each pair goes to the rooftop. The left hand connector of each pair goes to the receiver. If using a free-standing dish, you would connect it directly to the left-hand connector(s). If using a roof mounted dish, the dish is connected to the factory wiring that's in the roof which leads to the right-hand connector of each pair, and you need a set of jumpers in the UDC to connect the left and right connectors of each pair.

Diagrams of the coax wiring layout are found in the owners manual section of this site. Here's the link.

jdraizor

In the UDC, above the water connections, there are 4 coax connectors for satellite. One pair for the living room receiver and another pair for the bedroom receiver. The right hand connector of each pair goes to the rooftop. The left hand connector of each pair goes to the receiver. If using a free-standing dish, you would connect it directly to the left-hand connector(s). If using a roof mounted dish, the dish is connected to the factory wiring that's in the roof which leads to the right-hand connector of each pair, and you need a set of jumpers in the UDC to connect the left and right connectors of each pair.

Diagrams of the coax wiring layout are found in the owners manual section of this site. Here's the link.

This is what I was going to suggest as well. After I had the Winegard installed on my Landmark I also did not have a signal to the receiver. The problem was actually a bad connection in the UDC. If you check there and make sure your jumper cables are connected and in good shape you should get satellite signals to the coax connections near the TV.

yepuhuh

Here's what I finally did.
I added the vip211k receiver as a second tv in my home. The dish guy accidentally left behind a LNB, tripod and equipment. Oh My......
Could not get the satelite on top to talk to receiver so the tripod is going to be used instead. I will get this working !

Ah 7 bucks extra a month for my service beats the pants off of 35 bucks pay as you go!

yepuhuh

Made this all work in February once I got the instructions on lacating which satellite and making sure I have the external dish weighted down in the wind! What was cool is that we were almost 300 miles from home and were receiving home local channels!