Construction querries

gkeir

I have a few trailer construction queries regarding my 2011 Prowler. Firstly, when we first purchased our prowler I noticed what appeared to be a defect in the construction. On the front of the trailer where the Diamond Plated Front Rockguard is installed it appears to be not long enough to cover the entire surface where the protection should be and the area where the rockguard is missing is only covered by a plastic canvas. Clearly a manufacturing defect.
I would like to upload a picture of this but am unable to due to permissions problems.

The other manufacturing defect is a window frame which was clearly damaged before installation but was installed anyway. Why is this done so the customer has to worry about getting this fixed after delivery?

Thirdly is the speed of which complaints are processed, timely processing of parts ordering and response of dealers to the Heartland HQ. I have had the dealership order parts in May and we are still waiting for results. Is there anyway to track our requests to ensure timely response from both the dealership and Heartland HQ?

Gordon Keir

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello jkeir, welcome to the forum. I cant help you with all of your questions, but I think if you call the factory and have your VIN, you may be able to get some info as far as when the parts were ordered and the status of delivery.

Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

gkeir

Thank you for the information. I believe if I could upload my photos someone else could verify if this is/is not indeed a factory deficiency and how I could rectify what I consider an issue.

IMG-20110626-00127.jpgIMG-20110626-00129.jpgIMG-20110506-00004.jpgIMG-20110506-00003.jpg

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
jkeir, Because it's Sunday, it's not likely your questions/concerns will be addressed by the factory today. If I were you, I wouldn't hesitate to call customer service first thing Monday (Eastern time) at the number cookie gave you. We've heard a number of comments regarding factory/dealer situations and I believe the majority of the time, not all, the dealer is the one lacking.
I also don't know what Heartland keeps in stock for replacement parts. They are a manufacturer and as that, they would normally stock production needs. Still though, don't hesitate to call and as mentioned earlier, have your VIN handy.