Sundance 3200ES Coax TV Schematic

RickNB

Is there any possibility of getting a wiring diagram for the TV coax . It looks like the amplifier is in the bedroom jack and I am wanting to feed my satalite reciever to the bedroom outlet from the entertainment center. Is there an owners manual for the Sundance both Sundances I have bought the owners manual is for a Landmark .Any help with this would be appreciated.
Have Fun
Rick

Last edited:

Redcoat1

Rick,

I am having similar problems with my 3200 ES. I tried to feed my satellite cable to the docking station side labelled Satellite, there is no cable inside the entertainment centre that comes from the Satellite. There are separate cables hooked up to the docking station but where they go or end is anyones guess. I suspect they just end somewhere inside the wall ?? Hope the factory can answer this as dealer has no idea.

newman

Mine has 2 hookup spots at the docking station and 2 inside at the entertainment center.

Scott

I thought that schematic had been posted on this forum before, so you might want to check that. I'll try to get it up here again.
You should have a jack/outlet plate that has both a cable outlet and a sattelite outlet (typically the lower of the two on the plate and called out with a label).
Are you saying that you don't have this wall plate at all in your entertainment center area? Because that would be a first.
ST

RickNB

I think this link will go to the post with the PDF files for the schematics hope it works It is Item 5 in the post

Rick

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=2507

Redcoat1

Sat Hookup

Scott,

What I have in my Sundance is one cable at the rear of entertainment centre which then comes to a splitter and then goes into the wall of entertainment centre. There is a 2 terminal coax box with 2 cables attached to it, one works for antennae tv and the other one does nothing even when my satellite is connected to the outside connection. I have checked the outside connection and there are 2 coax cables hooked up. Where the satellite cable goes from the outside is anyones guess, it is a possiblilty that the cable is no good. I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Scott

Get our customer service guys involved and they will get you taken care of. Some digital photos would be great because what you are describing is not something we do. I don't know if the dealer set it up differently for a show or what. Either way, our guys will get you handled. They can be reached at 574.262.8030.
ST

Jimmyt5

If you have a Sat receiver and a signel finder for your antenna you can do the following.
Hook the sat receiver to the input and go to each outlet with the signel finder for your Sat. , one of them should holler.....

Attachments

• satellitefinder.jpg
    satellitefinder.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 11

jbeletti

Redcoat1,

If you don't have the Sat Finder but have a volt meter, you can connect the receiver up to the the coaxial cables present at the entertainment center, one at a time. Turn on the receiver, then using the volt meter set to DC with a range that is suitable for measuring up to 18 volts, start to probe all the other ends of all coaxial cables found in the coach. Measuring between the center conductor to the metal outside of the connector, you'll measure positive DC volatage on the line that has the sat. receiver connected to it. I believe the receivers put out about 18 VDC.

Jim

Redcoat1

Sat

Jim,

I will give it a try, but I suspect that either one of the coax ends or the cable is compromised somewhere as I have tried all of the combinations. Thanks.

jbeletti

Redcoat1,

While you're doing all of this, carefully inspect the connectors in good light. Look into the connector and look for any silver colored braid hairs that may be wrapped around or near the copper clad center conductor. While more rare, look also for any of the foil in contact with the center conductor.

The braid and the foil compose the ground and RF shielding. Neither should touch the center conductor but we've heard of some cases of poor craft. Made enough bad ones myself over the years!

Jim

Redcoat1

Satellite

Jim,

I tested the coax cable, the ends are fine but there is a dead short in the coax cable somwhere between the input and output of the cable. No doubt a screw or nail thru the cable inside the trailer somewhere. Disappointing for sure.

jbeletti

You'll measure resistance if one end of the cable is connected to a non-passive device (TV or the RF switcher/amplifier). If both ends are unconnected, very little to no resistance should be measured. Sorry to hear that you may have a bad cable.

Jim