Model 2850RBX-Freezer only gets cold

ncf1108

Well I'm on my maiden voyage with the new 2011 Greystone and the Refer freezer only gets cold, and its only cold enough to keep whats supposed to be in the refer part cold. The freezer doesn't get cold enough to freeze items. The refer is warm and the fins are not cold at all. I've tried both the Electric and the propane and it doesn't matter which the same result occurs. I've tried automatic, turning it on and off to see if it resets itself, and nothing seems to help.

I've tried scanning thru the forums to see if someone else has had the same issue and have not seen it yet.

Don Stevens
2011 29'Greystone 2900 MK

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just a silly question, but how long has the refer been turned on? They may take a day or so to cool down. I think they cool at a rate of about 1* per hour. And do you have it on the coldest temperature setting, 5?
If you have had it on for a couple of days and it is not cold, it might be time for a call to your dealer.

Peace
Dave

hoefler

Also, did you load it with warm goodies? If it was not turned on a day or so to cool down before you loaded it, or loaded it with warm or hot items, like warm sodas, water, etc.. It will not cool warm stuff like your household refrigerator, it will actually warm up and have a very difficult time catching up, it is worse in hotter weather.

ncf1108

It was turned on Friday morning, nothing was place in the refer and as of this morning the freezer is the only thing that is cold. As far as the coldest temp, it has one of those slide thermisters that is slid up to the coldest setting. I have another issue that has to be addressed at the dealer so I'll just take it to them.

Just a silly question, but how long has the refer been turned on? They may take a day or so to cool down. I think they cool at a rate of about 1* per hour. And do you have it on the coldest temperature setting, 5?
If you have had it on for a couple of days and it is not cold, it might be time for a call to your dealer.

Peace
Dave

ncf1108

Also, did you load it with warm goodies? If it was not turned on a day or so to cool down before you loaded it, or loaded it with warm or hot items, like warm sodas, water, etc.. It will not cool warm stuff like your household refrigerator, it will actually warm up and have a very difficult time catching up, it is worse in hotter weather.

Nope no warm goodies, just an empty refer

We're having the exact same issue! Freezer is cold fridge is not! Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but it had been sitting for several weeks and the batteries went dead. Charged them back up and just tried turning it on and we're having this problem! Tried LP and Electric both. NOTHING!

porthole

Retired
Is the trailer level?

Absorption type refers (like we have) need to be fairly level or moving for the fridge to work correctly.

hoefler

Is the trailer level?

Absorption type refers (like we have) need to be fairly level or moving for the fridge to work correctly.

Check your level in the bottom of the freezer, the bubble does need to be within the lines for proper cooling.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check the thermister (the white thing on the fins inside the refrigerator. Be sure it is on the fins. Move it up to make the refrigerator colder. Also, be sure the door is closed completely and the seal on the door is okay. You can check the seal by putting a dollar bill on the seal when you close the door. Try pulling the dollar bill out with the door closed. If it pulls out easily the seal is not sealing correctly, if there is resistance the seal is probably okay.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jim G, thats the way to check for air/water leaks on car door W/Strips. But I was told that it needed to be a $20.00 bill.

dalspot

We are having similar issues - seems to take FOREVER to get cold enough. Like overnight.

Wish we HAD a bubble level in our freezer... ???

Check your level in the bottom of the freezer, the bubble does need to be within the lines for proper cooling.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We are having similar issues - seems to take FOREVER to get cold enough. Like overnight.

Wish we HAD a bubble level in our freezer... ???

Remember your RV Refrigerator is a whole different type than the one at home. There is no compressor in the RV one. Every RV we have had has taken the refrigerator overnight to stabilize cooling. Then for every minute you hold open the door it will take about 1 hour to recover. It is always best to pre-cool whatever you are going to put in it.