Good air compressor for 110# tire service

sdagro

I am in the market for a good quality a/c air compressor that will give me good service for maintaining my 110psi tires on my Bighorn.; Want something that can be relatively portable as well as not breaking the bank. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve A. Dagro

PUG

Pug
Sears has a couple of pretty nice small compressors. Harbor Freight has some also that are name brand. I bought a two cylinder tankless 12 volt a while back from Grainger Supply for a bit over a hundred if I remember right. I wanted 12 volt so I would have an air supply anytime anyplace. It pumps I believe up to 110# and has a good volume. Not a cheapee. I added more 12 volt wireing to mine to reach the back of the five er, boat. Don't need 110 to run it.

here is the site: http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/WESTWARD-Inflator-2AGF1?Pid=search

DMitch

I got the one I have from Sears and it works very well. I keep my tires at 110 lbs. no problem with it. I can't think of the model number and the coach isn't where I am right now but if you look thru Sears website you will find them. I have a generator so a 110 volt unit wasn't a problem for me, many people want 12V incase they need it on the road.

lwmcguir

I have a twin tank 12V that works great. If I need a small amount of air the Craftsman 19.2 compressor that looks like a drill works very well. I use it to top off the air bags on the CP and the Pin as well as tires. Only check the tires if they look low or are running hot. Otherwise the valve stem never comes off.

DougS

Doug S
I have an air compressor from Harbor Frieght, on sale $119 and another 20% coupon on top of that. I can raise the pressure from 105 lbs. to 110 lbs. in about 12 seconds. The unit is a 6 gallon, 120 volt, pancake model. Best of all, the compressor runs off of my inverter. Measures approx. 19 inches tall and 14 inches wide.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Quick question, for people with handicaps and need a lightweight air compressor, I notice no one mentions the weight. My Sears 2 gallon pancake compressor was too heavy for me. Any suggestions?

jnbhobe

I have no need to carry my compressor, I carry a 50 ft hose with me, it will reach anywhere I need to go, and if someone wants to borrow it they will carry it.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
As it turns out we sort of had a compresor workshop at the Ontario Rally. We were looking at all kinds of units, many said they had 125 or 135 psi but didn't deliver. I just bought a Porter cable MB 15 at Home Depot, cuts out at 150 I tested it on my tires, I dropped the tires down to 100 lbs and it recovered them fast, I wanted to test it before I needed it. It is light weight, quiet and compact. Here is the link to the compresor.
http://www.portercable.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=23677.
Don

WilmanJim

I've used this one for over 4 years and it has worked great for me. It will pump my 110# tires OK. Might take a little while but I have all the time in the world. It's lightweight and portable. Won't reach an inside dual but I made an adapter to fit if I have to. I got mine at Walmart but they don't carry them anymore but some Home Depots do.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?jspStoreDir=hdus&catalogId=10053&productId=100348465&navFlow=3&keyword=638147&langId=-1&searchRedirect=638147&storeId=10051&endecaDataBean=com.homedepot.sa.el.wc.catalog.beans.EndecaDataBean%4048260a7c&ddkey=Search

aatauses

I have a Husky model that works really well on the 110 # tires. However it does weigh 20 #'s. I have since looked at Dewalt on line, but have not seen one in any stores---it is lighter and claims to do the larger tires??? A friend of ours has a 12V from Harbor Freight and it struggled to get up to 110#
al

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
They're not exactly inexpensive, but the Viair 400 works quite well for 110 psi tires. I leave the cheap 25' hose at home and carry a 50' length of real air line with quick-connect fitting on either end. Allows me to use an extended air chuck to get the duallies and I don't have to park next to the rig to get its tires. Just have to pay attention when adding air.

http://www.viaircorp.com/OffRoad/400P.html

caissiel

I bought a similar compressor at Walmart and installed power line to the front of one tire, the cord on the compressor is long enough to reach all 4 tires on the trailer. I pull the fuse off the line (I installed a 12v fuse holder next to the battery as soon as we bought the trailer) when I disconect the compressor, because I hate to have to much power line exposed because plugs are no to dependable. Also I found that the best place to find good plugs is at boat accessorie stores. Ace Hardware was my source of all my wiring.