Slam baggage Door replacement info... anyone ?

mmomega

AnyTimer
Anyone know where to acquire the Slam basement doors on the new '11 + Landmarks, I'm guessing Heartland is using these doors across the board on Bighorns and up.

Well long story short, our first trip out we had a duh moment and damaged the left side basement door. It was fully opened and the bedroom slide caught it and broke the handle and cracked the door.

I took the trailer into the dealer back end of March-April and they said no problem, it would be $300 to replace and I would just eat that. No problem because I damaged it.
Problem being this is almost July and they still can not get the door in. Service dept has ordered the wrong door 3 separate times and supposedly it is taking **** near 2 weeks to get one shipped.

I could replace this thing myself but I am having a **** of a time trying to find where I can get one from. I am pretty sure I could measure my door and get the correct replacement within a week tops and have it put on in a couple hrs. I just can't find one and the parts dept wont tell me where they are ordering the door from.

Any info from you guys would be a huge help.

DougS

Doug S
You mentioned service dept., was that the dealer or Heartland. If not Heartland, call them direct. Heartland will probably request a picture of the door since I believe Landmark used two types of doors in 2011. My unit is metal, the newer units seem to be fiber glass.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The doors are made by Kinro, which is a division of Lippert...contact them directly. Just had all of our cargo doors replaced with them. With correct measurements it's a 15 minute job...unscrew the old and install the new.

This is, of course, if you have the NEW style...they will be gelcoat and have rounded corners...NOT square.

aatauses

Not sure about your relationship with the dealer, but of all the dealers I have dealt with, I have not been very happy with their service, HOWEVER the HL customer service has been outstanding. I also had an issue with a baggage door, went to the dealer and he took pictures, measured , etc and then ordered the door----it did not come on the date it was supposed to and the dealer had quite a few excuses----I sat in his office and called HL, explained the situation, and the door was at the dealers within a few days---I just do not have any confidence in the dealers.----Call HL direct.
al

Gaffer

Call Heartland for a price. Tell them your club number for a 10% discount. Have your VIN handy.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Thanks fellas for the quick responses.

I had contacted Jim Biletti and he pushed it up to Customer Service and I received a call from them within an hour or so and all is taken care of. Door should be shipping today and Heartland contacted the dealer to see what was going on. So I'm very pleased with Heartland's service, if my dealer can't get their act together then I'll just have to find another which would be fine with me.

The main factor in not buying from our past dealer was very poor customer service dept. I just hate that the dealership tries so hard to develop a strong relationship with you up until you pay them and then it's ....wait, who are you again?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
The doors are made by Kinro, which is a division of Lippert...contact them directly. Just had all of our cargo doors replaced with them. With correct measurements it's a 15 minute job...unscrew the old and install the new.

This is, of course, if you have the NEW style...they will be gelcoat and have rounded corners...NOT square.

Just curious. Why would you replace all your baggage doors? To get the slam style? Trace

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yep...got tired of the stupid little thumb locks and everyone having a 751 key. Plus, the slam baggage doors are twice as thick and they have an automotive type seal around them...much nicer, studier doors!!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Good for you. My last SOB had the thumb locks and they were annoying. Our BH has the slam doors and we love them. Enjoy! Trace

mmomega

AnyTimer
So I call the dealer Monday to tell them I need it by Wednesday afternoon. I gO in to see if they at least fixed the shower door handle..... the entire shower door is completely shattered.They said oh I didn't think you needed it until tomorrow, either way the shower handle didn't get fixed and they're hinting that it must have been like that when I brought it in... LMAO they are about to receive an ear full when the tech comes back in