ATF: MPG - Tail lights

mlo166

If your question is about how to access the tail light "bulbs", there are NO TAIL LIGHT BULBS in your tail lights. The tail lights are LEDS. IF you need to access the LEDS, you carefully 'squeeze' the lens and pop them out of their beveled rings (the chrome rim). However, your tail light assembly may have the lense "rubber-seal'ed" to the camper shell. Use a plastic putty knife to SLOWLY remove the lens assembly as you separate the lens assembly from the guey. In either style, you will find the lens assembly is attached with two screws to the camper shell. My MPG came from the factory mis-wired. i.e.,tail lights were the brake lights (leds), and brake / turn signals were wired to the dimmer tail light (leds). I remove the lens assembly (mine had the guey stuff!) swapped the wiring, reinstalled, and was on our way. 20 mins per side. Heartland techs never figured it out and kept claiming "MY CAR WIRING WAS WRONG". I think the techs never would believe it came mis-wired from the factory! But, the techs were good people and wished us a safe trip on our 6 hour drive way home from the dealer! Leave me a post if you need more information... You lights wired correctly?

quine9

I am trying to install a rear view camera attached to tail lights, Of course I do not want the brake lights to effect the tail light switch. It seems there are only 3 wires red, black, and white. Any help?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am trying to install a rear view camera attached to tail lights, Of course I do not want the brake lights to effect the tail light switch. It seems there are only 3 wires red, black, and white. Any help?
The black wire is for the tail light, the red is for the brake/turn and the white is ground.
Are you sure that your rear view camera is wired to the tail light? Maybe the backup lights?
I have mine just wired into 12 volts.

Peace
Dave

quine9

Thanks for such a quick response. Dummy me! It says it right on the tail light.
Thanks again.

Mike the newbee.