Just about to give up on the Cyclone 3210

Lizn8r

I am so frustrated, I need to rant a little.
OK, so I have looked and looked AND LOOKED for a dealer on the East Coast that has a Cyclone 3210 in inventory[:(]. There are plenty of larger units, like the 3795, but not even ONE 3210. Every dealer I have talked to tries to sell me what he has in inventory (gee, now there's a surprise) and tells me that I will not be happy in a "short" toyhauler ... that I will miss the space of a larger unit. No one seems to listen when I tell them that not everyone is ready to jump right into a 38-42' fifth wheel toyhauler for their first RV! My reasons for wanting a 'smaller' RV: there are only two of us (and a Black Lab) that will ever be staying in the rig ... I want to haul our motorcycles in order to ride around the US and Canada ... I have a brand new TV (see sig)that I don't feel will safely pull a larger, heavier rig, no matter what a dealer says. Oh yeah, and I've never towed anything larger than a snowmobile trailer before ... and I didn't do that all that well, especially backing up. We don't WANT a larger rig, we don't NEED a larger rig ... we want a comfortable, good quality toyhauler with a walled off garage that is under 36 ft. From all signs, the 3210 fits that bill to a T ... one other model is in the running, but I am having the same problem finding that model also.

All that being said ... I cannot and will not just open up my wallet and lay out this kind of cash for a rig that I have never seen, walked through, laid on the bed, opened every cabinet, kicked every tire, and otherwise envisioned myself in for months at a time. I jus can't do that!

OK, rant over. Now a question. I know that Heartland gives a factory tour, but will they let you walk through the model that you are interested in? I'm considering taking time off from work, flying out to Indiana and visiting the factories of both manufacturers I am interested in. But I don't want to waste my time if they won't let me see specifically the 3210!!
Thanks for listening,
Liz

jbeletti

Liz,

Your frustration is certainly understandable. There are few things that expensive that I would buy sight-unseen.

That said, it seems that this shorter unit has not reached a level of popularity to be carried as a stock item by the dealers you've contacted.

Your idea to visit the factory to see one of these units is a great one, however, the factory does not have a showroom and trailers are picked up within days of manufacture by a slew of RV transporters..

Since dealers don't seem to be stocking this model and since Heartland doesn't keep finished stock at the factory, you're going to need to find out when they are running a "retail sold" Cyclone 3210. If they are only running one, timing could be tricky. Please call the factory to discuss this possibility as they do not monitor this particular section of the forum.

Best of luck to you.

Jim

CrazyTed

I echo everything Liz has said. Good luck. I've called them a couple of times and they have yet to even call me back...

RugRat

I bought my Sundance without having seen my particular model in person, but made sure with my dealer that if I didn't like it I would get my deposit back. They agreed and order the camper for me. Of course, I liked what I saw and bought it. Helped to have a good dealer that was willing to work with me and inventory the item if I didn't buy it.

Lizn8r

tdharley,
Just got a call :confused: ? from them last night on my cell phone. Don't know HOW they got my number ... but I'm going on a trip this weekend to see it. Can't wait ... I'm so excited to finally SEE one, I could just ... well, you know!!

CrazyTed

I'll be in NJ this weekend to visit another dealer with different brands. I might have to make the trip out there too....

tdharley

Well Liz,

I assume a women, as per your profile you age is right, your in NH, which I visit every June for the Laconia Bikerally, you might be able to thank me then...LOL

Good luck in your quest