Sat. and 12v wires?? 08' 2900MK

fsh2win

Always fish to win!!
I was just wondering if there is a Sat. wire coiled in the roof truss. Also is there a 12v line coiled by the vent over the kitchen. I want to have a fantastic fan, and a on the roof Sat. dish installed. I was just wondering if those wires are available. I have a 08' 2900mk ( one week old) Thanks... Phil

fishn2dmax

I'm wondering the exact same thing. I'm planning to order a new 3012 RE Sundance and this is the exact question I asked my dealer. The dealer claimed they could install the fantastic fan in the kitchen area as there is 12V up there, by they didn't know if there was a satelitte prewire coax in the ceiling for a roof mounted crank-up dish?

RickNB

Have a similar problem I need to know the wiring diagram for all the Coax connections. There must be a schematic for the Sundance models someplace . All I got with the unit was a owners manual for a Landmark which does have a wiring diagram in it but it does not fit the Sundance.

Have Fun
Rick

Scott

Sundance Wiring

Here is what I know: The vent over the kitchen DOES have a 12V wire there so you can put in a Fantasic Fan. Started two weeks ago on the line, they also started running a thermostat wire for those who choose to have a Fantastic Fan with the thermostat. If your coach was produced prior to two weeks ago, it would not have the thermostat wire and if you choose that particular Fantastic Fan, you would need to have that wire run by the dealer.

Regarding the satellite cable system - NO, there is not a sat. wire run into the roof. The only connection for satellite on the Sundance is for a tri-pod mounted satellite. If you want to mount it on your roof, you are going to have to have your dealer run the wiring up there.

We have that wire already in the roof on some of our other, more expesive models, but not on our mid-profile models.

ST

Scott

Coax Drawings

Here are two drawings/schematics for the coax cable hookups for the SUNDANCE. One is for the main TV location, the other for the bedroom.

ST

Edit by Admin:
I have added jpg images of both of Scott's PDFs in case you want to add your own annotations to them for your own use
Jim

Attachments

• SDcoax.pdf
    411.3 KB · Views: 95
  • SDcoaxbdrm.pdf
    422.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Sundance_Coax_Wiring_Booster_at_Bedroom_TV.JPG
    Sundance_Coax_Wiring_Booster_at_Bedroom_TV.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Sundance_Coax_Wiring_Booster_at_Main_TV.JPG
    Sundance_Coax_Wiring_Booster_at_Main_TV.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited by a moderator:

charris57

2900MK Wiring

We have a 2007 2900MK. And have accomplished the same issues. We called our dealer and Heartland several times and were told the dealer could install a ceiling vent in the kitchen area. They didnt mention that they would be tapping off one of the overhead lights in the kitchen area therefore disabling the wall switch for those lights.It will always have to be on and the lights controlled by each individual switch on them. I thought that would make things miserable dealing with that. I finally took out the manual crank vent in this area and saw several types of wiring. A small thermostat control wire and a ribbon type wire with blue.red.green and a yellow wire. No voltage on any of them or resistance measured. So I called a more reputable dealer in New Port Richey, Florida and the service mgr Chris explained that these were up there in case I wanted a second air conditioner installed. Well mine works fine for us. So he told me to pull the thermostat off the entertainent wall and those wires would be there coiled up in the place where a second thermostat would be. And they were.The fan mounted perfectly. And i used the aluminum frame for a 12v ground, So I chose one of the wires in the ribbon for the extra airconditioner. And tapped 12v positive off the light switch for the entertainment area(on the hot side) and our fan has worked perfectly since, By the way we installed a Sure-flo Platinum w/ a wireless remote control. And they have been on sale at Campers World for sometime now. Hope this helps enjoy your new campers... Steve Harris ...Tampa,Fl.