New Caliber Owner w/ some opinions

GoinNorth

Hi folks,
Been lurking here for awhile, & finally joined, as we pulled the trigger on our 275BHS!
We graduated from a 97 Jayco popup, so quite a difference!

We have two trips in now, and our shakedown has been remarkably well.
Still early, but we are so happy with our Caliber thus far.

I did find water in the rear storage compartment last week. The bathroom was dry, so I assume it blew in past the seals in a severe storm that we had. I will monitor that area.
I completely agree with many others comments that the Touch audio is of less quality, but of course I was aware prior to purchase.
The NOAA did wake me from a slumber already!

For other lurkers, we also considered the Crossroads Sunset Trail / Reserve, which had a larger bottom bunk & 7' ceiling.
I do love our U-shape dinette w/ freestanding table. It is a great lounging spot, and the flat floor makes a great sleeping spot for our 6 month old.

Our 5.7L Expedition pulls the Caliber with ease, & although others have had issues with the Husky Centerline, it has worked well for us, and it's quirks do not bother me.

Hopefully the electric components will stand the test of time, as they make setup a snap.
Purchased BAL X-choks, which secure our coach nicely.

Looking forward to our next trip to beautiful Tawas, MI!

jimtoo

Hi GoinNorth,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Glad you have had a good shakedown.

Enjoy the forum and your new Caliber.

Jim M