gas / electric hot water heater

Tweedy

We have a 2011 Big Country 3250TS. There is a switch in the control panel for switching on the electric option that illuminates red when on however I've had no success in heating water on electric or keeping it hot after heating up with gas. (Yes, we are plugged into a 30amp service). I returned the unit to our dealer to have this corrected. They said the h/w tank wasn't plugged in. I presumed they meant where it's installed in the unit. Next trip out nothing had changed. Can you confirm if this trailer would have the gas / electric type of hot water heater installed?

Thanks...Chuck

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There may be a small black rocker switch on the water heater itself. This must be on for the electric to work.

Peace
Dave

Tweedy

Thanks Dave.....I have since looked at previous threads of similar topic and will take a look at our heater for the rocker switch. On the otherhand, I would have thought our dealer would be astute enough to advise if this was the problem.

Chuck

branson4020

Icantre Member
Thanks Dave.....I have since looked at previous threads of similar topic and will take a look at our heater for the rocker switch. On the otherhand, I would have thought our dealer would be astute enough to advise if this was the problem.

Chuck
Well, dealers will tell you the darndest things. For instance, there is no "plug in" for your electric hot water heater. Its hard wired. I doubt they actually did anything.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The only "plug" I know of is the little controller module taped to the foam backside of the water heater. If the cheap tape lets go, the module can drop and the plug can disconnect. Had that happen on our previous TT.

B

bwwalczak

For sure, your Big Country has a gas/electric water heater.

Tweedy

Thank you. One other unrelated question....do the sofas supplied with this unit come with matching cushions? We didn't get any with ours and having trouble finding some to match.

Chuck

Tweedy

I found the rocker switch in the access panel. It was pinned in the off position. I feel kind of silly for not seeing this before, but would have thought the dealer would have explained when I brought the alledged issue to their attention....sigh!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I found the rocker switch in the access panel. It was pinned in the off position. I feel kind of silly for not seeing this before, but would have thought the dealer would have explained when I brought the alledged issue to their attention....sigh!

You are right, the dealer should have showed that to you during the PDI.