Brand New RM 1350 Doesnt Work

I just recieved my new 2012 san antonio. I turned on the fridge and it fired up and made 3 or 4 batches of ice. The next morning I went out and checked the unit, the fridge had completly quit. It now does not work at all on LP or power. The burner lights on propane and on electric the element gets hot but does not get cold. Control panel functions like normal and always reads 60. I don't get any errors. I'm due to leave on holidays in two days and no service center can get me in for at least 2-3 weeks. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

I had something similar happen a few months ago. Also ran the diagnostics in the manual and they came back all ok, but it wouldn't run. Eventually got to a dealer who called Dometic and was stepped through a diagnostic to isolate the problem. They told me that everything checked out ok and Dometic told them how to do a "board-level" reset which got it working normally again. It's been fine since then.

So I'd suggest calling Dometic, explaining what's happening and that dealers can't get you in, and asking them how to reset it. Worst they can do is say they never heard of a "board-level" reset.

I have been on the phone 3 or 4 times in hope they would help me with something like that. They are just telling me I need to take it into a tech. Do you remeber how to do the reset? I'm willing to try anything. Just seems strange that it worked for 1 day and then quit all together.

mikeandconnie

Have the Dometic tech come to you.. Just ask them for a moble repairman list, or do a google search. I did this a few months ago and he came out the next day and it was a holiday week. Ask the tech how to reset it if he can't make it the next day.

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
Here is a link to a previous post on this forum. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/15442-Problem-with-Dometic-RM-1350

Hope this helps.

mikeandconnie

There is a fuse on the mother board and I found this in the manual. page 14 ask you to check 3 fuses..REPLACING THE FUSES
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.comThe refrigerator is equipped with the following 3 fuses:
3 a fuse for the refrigerator control system.
5 a fuse for the aC heaters.
3 a in-line fuse for the fan and heat tape. For RM1350IM,
RM1350MIM & RM1350wIM : For the ice maker and
water dispenser.
TO REPLaCE ThE FusEs, FOLLOw ThEsE sTEPs:
Turn off the refrigerator.
unplug the power cord and disconnect the
12V wires.
Remove the power module cover.
snap the fuse out of the fuse holder.
Fit the new fuse in to the fuse holder.
Put back the power module cover.

I finally got ahold of someone that helped me troubleshoot it. Tested cooloing unit, its no good. Dometic is sending out a new cooling unit but it will be 7-10 days to get the part. No mobile repair men within 200 miles. Still unclear about the door lock. Does it have any function in my unit?

danemayer

Our 2011 Rushmore has the automatic door lock. Heartland did not wire it up and ended up replacing a refrigerator door that was dented when the lock vibrated open during travel. Dometic pointed us at Heartland because the automatic door lock should have prevented the problem and it was up to Heartland to wire it during installation.