Fan Speed

FogNobber

No replies to this in the HVAC section so reposting the short version here. I have the Coleman roof air and the thermostat is not the digital type. When running in Fan only mode should I be able to control the fan for high or low speed as the switches on the thermostat indicate? Now all I have is high speed, the switch doesn't seem to make a difference. Thanks for your replies.

pegmikef

Well, I've got the same deal in my North Trail with a Coleman 15K btu AC. I just walked out and tried it and also have only one speed regardless of the high or low switch position in the fan mode. I can't try it in the cool mode because I'm only hooked up to a 20 amp circuit and I don't want to hook up the generators. Elsewhere on this forum it has been advised to keep the fan in the high position. I think it was because of moisture, but I don't remember for sure. I never noticed the fan speed thing because here in Texas, especially this year, we haven't been anywhere where we haven't needed the A/C.

I have noticed I have the same problem with my new North Trail. Blows only on high no matter the setting of the fan switch. It does the same whether in the heat mode or the air conditioner position. I'm going to work on it myself as a trip to the dealer would take to much time and money for fuel. I post when I find out what the problem is.
Wes.

This seems really odd. However, I am wondering that since you are just turning on the air, it might be staying in high to catch up with the temperature setting that you have. That is, it will stay on high until the desired temp is reached, and then will blow at the setting you have picked once the rig is regulated. Is there any furnace filters that could possibly need changed?

Last edited: