UDC Water Manifold

ncc1701e

Added a water manifold to the UDC space. I've got the details in a PDF file for anyone who would like the data. My trailer is a 2800RL. Can't figure out how to post a PDF so you'll have to send an email if you want all the build details.Water Manifold Installed 1.JPG Water Manifold Assembly-Not Glued.JPG Water Manifold Adapter Plate.jpg Water Mounting Studs.jpg

Tom

ncc1701e

Thanks to Pete, here is the total build for the UDC modifications in one file.

Attachments

• Water Manifold.pdf
    881.6 KB · Views: 185

jpdoggett

Added a water manifold to the UDC space. I've got the details in a PDF file for anyone who would like the data. My trailer is a 2800RL. Can't figure out how to post a PDF so you'll have to send an email if you want all the build details.View attachment 13692 View attachment 13693 View attachment 13694 View attachment 13695

Tom

So this rig makes it so you can fill fresh water, flush black water tank and use your regular water inside the RV with the one hose coming into your rv. Never gave it a lot of thought but it would help have to change hoses to flush

PSF513

I hate to be the party pooper but, technically, that is a direct cross connection between the black tank and the drinking water. Please be very careful not to cause backflow from the flush into the drinking water

jpdoggett

I hate to be the party pooper but, technically, that is a direct cross connection between the black tank and the drinking water. Please be very careful not to cause backflow from the flush into the drinking water

Need to put in a backflow preventor

bdb2047

Not sure if this correct.But there should be a vacumn breaker in black tank flush line.This is supposed to stop siphoning from black tank.I installed one in previous trailer and that is how it was explained to me.I have been looking at doing something similar but using pex and 3 way valves.

Last edited:

SilverRhino

Nice job.......Thanks for the great write up and photos!

I have started one for the BC using PEX pipe and fittings......Hope to get it installed in the near future.

Travel Safe!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Nice manifold. There have been a couple of iterations of the idea floated around from time to time.

It's a simple task to replace the hollow plastic black tank hose fitting with a brass city water fitting, completed with check valve. I had to do that when mine broke off. So now my tank flush system has two back-flow prevention devices in it. Three, if you want to count the valve in my manifold.

ncc1701e

Hey Guys, just realized something. I did one modification because there was a concern of contamination of the primary line. At the connection to the black tank, I installed a brass quick disconnect that I do not leave connected. And yes a backflow preventer would be required if left connected all the time. The picture was taken during assembly and before the addition of the quick disconnect. Operation is to flush the short line before hooking up to the flush port in the UDC, making sure the fresh water and city water valves are closed before hooking to the black flush line. Once I disconnect from the flush line using the quick disconnect, I run water to make sure the connection line is clear. While this may not be absolutely fool proof, it does work and makes it much easier than dragging multiple hoses out. It also allows for a seal between the trailer and outside spaces to be maintained while in camp for extended times.

Bighurt

Nice, I want to do the same thing on my 3300RLB, what quick disconnect did you use?

I also would like a pressure relief below the camper, I always get water in the UDC when disconnecting the city water.

ncc1701e

Jeremy,

Well I have modified the manifold since the photos and need to update the file. I had the same issue of water in the UDC that I did not like when disconnecting. Our unit is at the shop having a couple warranty items taken care of. When it gets back I'll do some pictures of the modifications. I use two diffierent style of quick disconnects. Most of them came from Lowe's, but I have one set with a built in check valve used on the "black tank" flush to prevent back flow.

What I've done basically is to take a brass "Y" hose connector w/valves and use it as my first connection at the park's city connection. Next on one leg I put the water regulator, then a hose quick disonnect. I carry a couple "5" foot, a "10" foot, and a "20" foot water hose all with matching quick disconnects. Dropping out of the UDC from the trailer is a hose with a quick disconnect (keep a plug on the line when traveling to keep dirt out of the line). I have a stand for the water filter and quick disconnects on both sides of the filter. When I break camp popping the quick disconnect between the filter and the trailer lets the lines drain outside of the UDC. After some comments and conerns that I could contaminate the system with the original hookup for the black flush. I acutally cut that connection which gave a little more room in the UDC. The other side of my "Y" connection from the park city water is setup with a quick disconnect different from the fresh water so they can not be crossed and the first quick disconnect on this line has a built in flow check. I cannot remember where I found this quick disconnect, but it was not Lowe's. I carry a seperate hose for the flush with matching quick disconnects.

Right now, I only hookup the flush line when breaking camp. The think I like most is the ability to have a sealed UDC when camping as opposed to just a 6" hole in the bottom of the UDC for air, bugs, or other creatures to find their way into the trailer. My plate in the UDC stays in all the time and has a seal on the bottom. I built it with the thought that I'd only take it out when the trailer is winterized. When traveling the hose (approx. 3 ft) that drops down for the connection to the filter has a plug/quick disconnect installed and is held up against the frame with a spring broom clamp.

I'll do some pictures when the trailer comes back from the shop in a couple weeks. The quick disconnects, "Y" connector, valving and time spent planning on hose sizes to carry has really simplified setup/brake down.

ncc1701e

Jeremy,

Just noticed you location, we left ND/SD to head home in Mid September. Wife is actually from Lisbon, ND. Have a great day.

Tom

Bighurt

Thanks, we don't normally have sewer hook up but we are living in our unit right now so it would help.