Spare Tire on 2800RL

ncc1701e

Has anyone moved the spare tire from beneath the trailer to the rear bumper? Looks like it would be much better there and certainly easier to access plus transferring some pin weight.

GOTTOYS

I would be real careful with putting any weight on the rear "Bumper". If you take a good look at you will see that it's pretty light gauge tubing and won't hold much weight. If you do mount it there bring your rig to a good welder first and have the reinforce it to hold the weight without falling off. JMHO..Don

Rrloren

I've had to remove the spare only once and didn't find it too bad. I used a cordless drill instead of the hand tool it goes up and down quickly. Try it , you may be satisfied with this.

caissiel

My neighbor just bought a new 5th wheel and the first thing he did it to remove the spare from the back bumper and will install a frame underneith. Most of the time when we have need for the spare the problems are much larger then just removing the spare. And the spare on the rear bumper is there in your way all the time. Just my honest opinion.