Kathy gets a new hip!

kkamshop

Well, Tuesday morning I took that huge leap of faith and had my bad left hip replaced. Everything went fine, and I was allowed to come home today.
There is little pain, keyboarding requires more concentration than I remember :)

Now comes the rehab- and a new pain-free life, hopefully.

truknutt

Committed Member
Well, Tuesday morning I took that huge leap of faith and had my bad left hip replaced. Everything went fine, and I was allowed to come home today.
There is little pain, keyboarding requires more concentration than I remember :)

Now comes the rehab- and a new pain-free life, hopefully.

Good for you! Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

jbeletti

Hi Kathy,Happy to hear things went well. I was not aware you were due for this. Happy to see you in Goshen. Heal up and see you down the road. Jim

Kathy, Glad to hear that your surgery went well and hope you have a speedy recovery. Was good to see you at the Sault!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Kathy, glad to hear your new hip is doing well. Hope you continue to improve. It looks like I will need a new left Knee some day.

BTW - What did you get for the trade-in on your old left hip... Hee Hee Hee. :cool:

BC

AttyVette

Well, Tuesday morning I took that huge leap of faith and had my bad left hip replaced. Everything went fine, and I was allowed to come home today.There is little pain, keyboarding requires more concentration than I remember :) Now comes the rehab- and a new pain-free life, hopefully.
Hope everything goes well for you as you recover from this surgery. May God bless you.

olcoon

I had my right hip replaced, after putting up with the pain for about 20 years. The Dr. finally agreed that I needed something done. Then a year later I had the other one replaced. It was like flipping a switch...NO PAIN! Last Sept. we spent a month in CO hiking in the mountains, & geocaching, I felt like a new man I really gave them a test, and they passed with flying colors! Just do what the Dr. says, and follow the routine, & do the excersices & you'll come out on top. Now if they could just give me a new brain so I could remember where I left my wife!!! :D;)

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Kathy, we hope things workout for you. Just remember the old Army saying "no pain no gain". Michael

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Hi Kathy, Your new hip I am so glad for you. Hope everything goes well for you..

katkens

Kathy ,I think I will drop Kat off at your place and you can rehab together ,get well soon.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My sister-in-law has had both hips replaced and one knee. She is doing great. Be sure to do the physical therapy and you should do fine. Good luck.

katkens-DW

IT hurts really bad but the pain pills help alot. Kenny says I look and act good better then the last time. I just hope I will be able to do the rally in Aug My granddaughter is coming with me to help. I have it on the knee mechine and I have it bending at 90 so that is really good I do this thing about 6-8 hours a day. How are you doing? Good I hope..

kkamshop

Real good, I think... I walk every little bit with my walker. The hip joint feels like there's just a little muscle pulling. I haven't missed a pain pill yet, but don't need to take 2 of them.

I go back for a checkup on the 14th.

The worst thing is the compression stockings, they are going to drive me buggy!!!

jnbhobe

Kathy; Glad to hear your doing good with the hip replacement. We are going to miss you at the Illinois rally, Take Care Patti & Jon

katkens-DW

I agree with you The stockings are not very comfy but i wear them a blood clot just isn't in the books for me.. Me either love my pain pills my home nurse told to take them no reason to be in pain. Therapy was here this morning boy did that hurt I told her I have to put my big girl pantys on for this. The pain was very bad but I did get it to bend more then she thought I would YEAH for me!!!! I hope yous is going well!! Take care Kathy ,Kat

kkamshop

I don't have any formal PT, just some exercises that I do several times a day. My doc thinks the PT people want to make an athlete out of you, when he just wants you to have a well - functioning joint. :)